FedEx Freight | Changes coming in June?

I mean we are slow as ever right now… adding more man power does what? But I 100% wouldn’t be surprised by FedEx pulling this off they don’t care about guys sitting at home for over 1 year now consistently
I’m sitting home RIGHT NOW!!! They called me on my way to work and said …. don’t have nothing for you but I can give you a turn to ATLANTA!!!! FOH

Could well be.

Unlike in the past, one cannot just walk into a DMV office, pass a test or two, and walk out fully endorsed. You must have proof of training from an accredited "school" In order to make any upgrade.

So, there would need to be some training involved. Even if it's computer based training for HazMat, for example.

:popcorn:
Hazmat was the only endorsement that they required proof of enrollment in a class for. Doubles and tanker were walk right in and take the test. Maybe that's changed in the two years since I did mine, but I was able to get those without a problem

Totally agree with contractor model for linehaul. I'm gonna say 80/20 mix. With contractors be 80%

Think it's crazy. Ask Federal Express about it.In
In June of 2024, freight will be running a 7day a week operation and will be doing most of the Ground runs in many of the lanes but not all of them. I’m definitely sure we will be getting also
Most of the rails as well, and runs thy fall on the weekend. Road bird will change some for sure.

In June of 2024, freight will be running a 7day a week operation and will be doing most of the Ground runs in many of the lanes but not all of them. I’m definitely sure we will be getting also
Most of the rails as well, and runs thy fall on the weekend. Road bird will change some for sure.
Is that rumor or did you see that in black and white?

Where did you hear this from? If we will be doing “most” of the ground runs then what will ground Linehaul drivers be doing lol?

Hard to believe this when this last peak season came around we were only honored 1 run vs 15 runs in 20

Personally this would be great for us, but I don’t think we get the gravy side of the deal.. guess we will see. FedEx can’t be trusted :emoticon digging:

Last edited:
I mean if we did pickup grounds linehaul operation we would be a 7 day a week outfit.

last ground bid I held was Mon-Sat double turn. Most money I've made with fedex yet.
No way Freight could handle all Ground linehaul... in June. Besides that, FedEx seems to currently be partial to the contractor model, based on everything I've seen about "the merger".

:popcorn:

Last edited:
In June of 2024, freight will be running a 7day a week operation and will be doing most of the Ground runs in many of the lanes but not all of them.
I'm hearing Freight will be doing most of the Ground runs and Ground will be doing most of the Freight runs. Also, the big changes planned for June are now on hold until August. Reason being, they're still trying to get Freight 2020 up and running.

I'm hearing Freight will be doing most of the Ground runs and Ground will be doing most of the Freight runs. Also, the big changes planned for June are now on hold until August. Reason being, they're still trying to get Freight 2020 up and running.
and don't forget that they are trying to get all ops onto the cloud. can't get a reweigh to show up in less than four hours but lets keep trying to add more non working technology

The merge :crap: worked both ways a lot of the folks that worked for FXN out west ended up on the bottom. But in places like Fla. and Ga. where FXN had been there for ever it worked the other way. But as it was explained to me by the old FXF hands a lot of the bitching came from the city drivers who didn't want to run the road until daytime bids came out, then that was when the one board was really pushed, as for one board it wouldn't bother me I'm high enough I would only loose only a few spots.

All I can say when you don't sign the front of the check you have Two options, keep working or go find something else.

Heard you will visit rest stops with holes in the stalls 7 days a week starting June too. GTFO here with your garbage.

I really hope this is true. We already run most of Ground's drayage, and a pretty good amount of their runs. Around Chicago, if you see a Ground trailer, there's about a 40% chance it's behind a Freight tractor.

Definitely a lot of progress has been made getting us integrated into their Linehaul operation. It's annoying having to use their app plus our handheld. Our systems do not communicate. I have to be dispatched on both my FXF handheld, and the FXG app.

I find it interesting that we are considered purchased transportation for Ground, and we run their freight while we ship ours on PT...

Screenshot_20240417-121714.md.png

I really hope this is true. We already run most of Ground's drayage, and a pretty good amount of their runs. Around Chicago, if you see a Ground trailer, there's about a 40% chance it's behind a Freight tractor.

Definitely a lot of progress has been made getting us integrated into their Linehaul operation. It's annoying having to use their app plus our handheld. Our systems do not communicate. I have to be dispatched on both my FXF handheld, and the FXG app.

I find it interesting that we are considered purchased transportation for Ground, and we run their freight while we ship ours on PT...

Screenshot_20240417-121714.md.png
Interesting that you used the words "getting us integrated". That my friend is what's coming...

June? Stay tuned...

Last edited: