FedEx Freight | Changes coming in June?

Whatever they're doing now isn't good for freight. It's hard to believe a large carrier like Yellow went under less than a year ago and we only got slower.
At the rate things are going. I’ve been hearing everything that we aren’t chasing Freight and aren’t lowering prices leaving freight on customers docks etc. With only getting slower and slower the only thing that can benefit us at this point is gaining lanes from this whole G&E combination.. If this doesn’t happen in June, with how the economy is headed and election year.. simply put most of us are screwed

We have road guys that haven’t drove a truck in over 3 weeks….

At the rate things are going. I’ve been hearing everything that we aren’t chasing Freight and aren’t lowering prices leaving freight on customers docks etc. With only getting slower and slower the only thing that can benefit us at this point is gaining lanes from this whole G&E combination.. If this doesn’t happen in June, with how the economy is headed and election year.. simply put most of us are screwed

I agree with this statement!!!

3 weeks is cake... Me and most of the guys under me are at 2 months. I work the dock 2 days a week to cover benefits.

3 weeks is cake... Me and most of the guys under me are at 2 months. I work the dock 2 days a week to cover benefits.
Sadly, not that long ago it only took 4-5 hours per week to cover benefits... And THAT was at bottom GPD.

Also a shame that there are many senior drivers who've not missed a single run. Not a single mile or hour, so the bottom can eat. Sad on a number of levels.

:smilie93c peelout:

Sadly, not that long ago it only took 4-5 hours per week to cover benefits... And THAT was at bottom GPD.

Also a shame that there are many senior drivers who've not missed a single run. Not a single mile or hour, so the bottom can eat. Sad on a number of levels.

Even sadder is most of them senior boys cant afford to miss a single run because of how poor their retirement or spending habits are.

We've had a few that got forced retired and they didn't have much in terms of savings or retirement.

The rumor is we'll be gaining lanes.

Along with some heavy seniority drivers, so depending on how many come it might still not work out.

And the meatgrinder that is the bottom of the boards will continue.

Those senior guys Even signed up to run for the eclipse.... Imagine my shock when I didn't get a call that morning. Everybody is feeling this economy, especially the ones that dug themselves into a major financial hole thinking it'd always be 2021.

Fortunately, my household is lean with to run on one income but if it wasn't Idk what I'd do right now with this economy and this job market.

Mainly that falls at corporates feet. Weather it be pricing or PT. FEDEX is choosing not to work the people THEY hired. It not my job to make sure your employees work.
Having said that the bid I chose pays my bills with a little left over. I don't take vias, and could have several a week. Haven't worked a Saturday in over five years.

Yes there are greedy drivers, but not every driver working five days a week is greedy. I literally had a driver tell me I needed to retire. I said I'm not even 50. They said doesn't matter you have been here over 20 years. You need to leave so someone else can work. I just laughed and walked off.

Time to put the blame where it belongs. At corporates feet not other driver's..

Crickets.. but what can we expect? This company has been like this the whole entire time.. secret society

Sad
You know why , they don't want it to leak to us at TB ,they always told me it was nonsense when I would get called in for a spanking but why would I catch ALL of managment surfing TB if I snuck in quietly and watched them , we are a good source and grand members. Always remember protect your domicile and id so you don't get a spanking too.

My old TM kept his door open when he was available. One day I walked in to ask him something and I got a laugh when I saw Truckingboards on his computer monitor.

Honestly, if their plan is to send the work to Ground and the employees to Freight, a lot of people are going to be screwed. I'm sure a lot will be leaving as well. When they said they plan on merging Express and Ground I was wondering how that can work when one is all owner ops and the other is all company employees. The answer is it doesn't work. I'm sure it bothers my manager a lot that he stood in front of us and told us how the whole thing doesn't effect us at all. No point in thinking about any of this right now since nothing has been announced.

My old TM kept his door open when he was available. One day I walked in to ask him something and I got a laugh when I saw Truckingboards on his computer monitor.

Honestly, if their plan is to send the work to Ground and the employees to Freight, a lot of people are going to be screwed. I'm sure a lot will be leaving as well. When they said they plan on merging Express and Ground I was wondering how that can work when one is all owner ops and the other is all company employees. The answer is it doesn't work. I'm sure it bothers my manager a lot that he stood in front of us and told us how the whole thing doesn't effect us at all. No point in thinking about any of this right now since nothing has been announced.

I’ve been told the air freight is already hitting our docks. Its being marked with some red type symbol on the lift computers.. I’m sure this isn’t new but at least to me it is

Mainly that falls at corporates feet. Weather it be pricing or PT. FEDEX is choosing not to work the people THEY hired. It not my job to make sure your employees work.
Having said that the bid I chose pays my bills with a little left over. I don't take vias, and could have several a week. Haven't worked a Saturday in over five years.

Yes there are greedy drivers, but not every driver working five days a week is greedy. I literally had a driver tell me I needed to retire. I said I'm not even 50. They said doesn't matter you have been here over 20 years. You need to leave so someone else can work. I just laughed and walked off.

Time to put the blame where it belongs. At corporates feet not other driver's..

Absolutely. I don't fault people for not taking cc days or higher extraboard drivers not passing. It is what it is right now. It just sucks that I feel like I've gone full circle. I started on midnight dock, got a decent city spot, went road and now I'm back to midnight dock. Very demoralizing.

I was looking at old bid sheets and I haven't moved up at all in the 2 years I've been a road driver. I did expect a few guys to be retired by now because they'd always talk about how they couldn't wait to retire.

I was talking to one of the older guys a few months ago and he broke it down for me. He said "you've got to understand these guys made this job their life. They're divorced with grown kids, this is all they have and they're not going to give it up easily". Now I just feel bad for them and I took that as a warning. Don't make FedEx the center of my life. Use it for what I need it for and keep it that way.

You know why , they don't want it to leak to us at TB ,they always told me it was nonsense when I would get called in for a spanking but why would I catch ALL of managment surfing TB if I snuck in quietly and watched them , we are a good source and grand members. Always remember protect your domicile and id so you don't get a spanking too.
the truth hurts managment .......so spank away......LOL

Meetings tomorrow maybe I’ll get some information. There’s an Express center a half mile away from my terminal.
The location of a Express center relative to your location is irrelevant.
The factor, is how close you are to an airport. They're not going to move any heavyweight through a ship center. It will go from Express at an airport location directly to whatever respective freight terminal will service it.