FedEx Freight | Changes coming in June?

You know why , they don't want it to leak to us at TB ,they always told me it was nonsense when I would get called in for a spanking but why would I catch ALL of managment surfing TB if I snuck in quietly and watched them , we are a good source and grand members. Always remember protect your domicile and id so you don't get a spanking too.
But I've heard that there are some people who are into being spanked. Not sure if we're talking about the same thing though. :idunno:

The location of a Express center relative to your location is irrelevant.
The factor, is how close you are to an airport. They're not going to move any heavyweight through a ship center. It will go from Express at an airport location directly to whatever respective freight terminal will service it.
FXHW has their own terminals, they're generally down the road from the sort center though.

Wonder what they'll be doing with them buildings.

FXHW has their own terminals, they're generally down the road from the sort center though.

Wonder what they'll be doing with them buildings.
It depends. Many of them share the same facility as the box freight sort.
At any rate, the point I was making is that it has to move through the airport at some point.
If you're in a semi remote location, and have 3 other terminals between you and the respective airport, it's unlikely that it will affect your operation at all aside from a few shipments that trickle into your barn for delivery by your location.

The location of a Express center relative to your location is irrelevant.
The factor, is how close you are to an airport. They're not going to move any heavyweight through a ship center. It will go from Express at an airport location directly to whatever respective freight terminal will service it.
Not sure we can be so certain... just because it seems to make sense to us doesn't mean that's the way they'll do it.

They could just as easily use a contractor to run it to the Freight center of choice. All depending on multiple factors. Efficiency (lowest COST) being their main FedEx concern, in providing "adequate" service. Key word adequate.

I don't claim to know how it'll shake out. Too many variables. I doubt they themselves know.

:smilie93c peelout:

Mainly that falls at corporates feet. Weather it be pricing or PT. FEDEX is choosing not to work the people THEY hired. It not my job to make sure your employees work.
Having said that the bid I chose pays my bills with a little left over. I don't take vias, and could have several a week. Haven't worked a Saturday in over five years.

Yes there are greedy drivers, but not every driver working five days a week is greedy. I literally had a driver tell me I needed to retire. I said I'm not even 50. They said doesn't matter you have been here over 20 years. You need to leave so someone else can work. I just laughed and walked off.

Time to put the blame where it belongs. At corporates feet not other driver's..
I knew when I typed it, some would have issue...

I stand by it though. Sad on a number of levels.

Sad that even if senior road guy lays out, that run is unlikely to make it down to the guy who needs it most. City is a little different.

Sad that a super senior guy with that many years of good money CAN'T afford to lay out. Even if beyond his control - medical bills, child support, alimony - all likely casualties of this job. Still sad.

When I started, I was never starved out. AF didn't do it that way... everyone worked, albeit less. I never missed a day, if I wanted to work.

I knew when I typed it, some would have issue...

I stand by it though. Sad on a number of levels.

Sad that even if senior road guy lays out, that run is unlikely to make it down to the guy who needs it most. City is a little different.

Sad that a super senior guy with that many years of good money CAN'T afford to lay out. Even if beyond his control - medical bills, child support, alimony - all likely casualties of this job. Still sad.

When I started, I was never starved out. AF didn't do it that way... everyone worked, albeit less. I never missed a day, if I wanted to work.

When I was on the dock for AF, and we were slow. You could go home or push a broom if you wanted your 8hrs.

Not sure we can be so certain... just because it seems to make sense to us doesn't mean that's the way they'll do it.

They could just as easily use a contractor to run it to the Freight center of choice. All depending on multiple factors. Efficiency (lowest COST) being their main FedEx concern, in providing "adequate" service. Key word adequate.

I don't claim to know how it'll shake out. Too many variables. I doubt they themselves know.

I'd argue against contractors moving it simply because most Freight terminals are very close to the respective airport/Express air locarion.

Again, we're not talking about purchase trailer volume here. It's minimal enough where a city guy could swing by in the early AM and pick up what comes in on the flights, and do the reverse for whatever Air freight the FREIGHT system picks up during the day.
I just don't see enough volume where it would be profitable for a contractor to move 5 skids 7 miles once a day.

Obviously every market will be different.....

I'd argue against contractors moving it simply because most Freight terminals are very close to the respective airport/Express air locarion.

Again, we're not talking about purchase trailer volume here. It's minimal enough where a city guy could swing by in the early AM and pick up what comes in on the flights, and do the reverse for whatever Air freight the FREIGHT system picks up during the day.
I just don't see enough volume where it would be profitable for a contractor to move 5 skids 7 miles once a day.

Obviously every market will be different.....
Watkins had city contractors , it possible if a contractor buys multiple units same as they do at ground, don’t ever assume it can’t be done. It was said a few years ago FedEx doesn’t want a driver on there payroll.

Freddie has an air operation at the Lafayette La airport.
Ground is about 10 miles North up i-49 . Its a fairly big place but Amazon built right in back of them and their are traffic issues.
Today I was told that Freddie is building a much bigger place at the airport in New Iberia.
Their is an outfit that paints planes and refreshes interiors their also.
Was told that Fed- x will be doing their repairs and service their.
Ground is moving their operation in at some point.

Meetings tomorrow maybe I’ll get some information. There’s an Express center a half mile away from my terminal.
As usual just mushrooms in the dark. We are getting new handhelds and ELD’s sometime in the near future. No information about any changes coming. Oh and now if we get hurt on the job we have to call a nurse hotline number before getting treatment.

As usual just mushrooms in the dark. We are getting new handhelds and ELD’s sometime in the near future. No information about any changes coming. Oh and now if we get hurt on the job we have to call a nurse hotline number before getting treatment.
You do not have to talk to that company nurse. Insist on seeing an actual dr or going to the ER if it’s after hours. Don’t let them tell you otherwise.

We bid three times for this last company bid. Got almost all the way through the board, and a driver announced he was leaving. So before the bid was even completed, we had a bump bid. Then they added a run, so we had to do a full rebid. They also deleted a run, but it's been running every day since the bid started, so we'll probably have a rebid for that pretty soon, too.
Man, does that ever sound like a typical freight company operation.

Got any real world examples?
The Fx pilots have HANDS DOWN the most effective union on the planet.
New terms and contract set in stone.......

... then Fx lets their largest contract go.
Boom! 300 pilots without a plane to fly.
Your CBA isn't worth a runny $hit.
The last thing on earth you want is a CBA. Run away from that mess as fast as you can. Do you want your hard-earned money going into union dues so they can send that money to the democrats so they can destroy your life? I say no.

Watkins had city contractors , it possible if a contractor buys multiple units same as they do at ground, don’t ever assume it can’t be done. It was said a few years ago FedEx doesn’t want a driver on there payroll.
At my AF barn, there were about 7-10 local contractors. Does Freight still have local contractors?

The last thing on earth you want is a CBA. Run away from that mess as fast as you can. Do you want your hard-earned money going into union dues so they can send that money to the democrats so they can destroy your life? I say no.
Dues money goes to your local to keep the lights on
A percentage goes to the International to keep their lights on.
Their is a voluntary fund you can elect to contribute to for political funds.