Charles Osgood

Elwood

Question Authority
Credits
I grew up with “On the Road” w/ Charles Kuralt, then CBS Sunday Morning; he being host. It was and continues to be (for the most part) ‘feel good’ heartland stories. The host position was passed on to Charles Osgood. He is of that Cronkite era. I am saddened at his passing; it is a connection to a time not that long ago.

I grew up with “On the Road” w/ Charles Kuralt, then CBS Sunday Morning; he being host. It was and continues to be (for the most part) ‘feel good’ heartland stories. The host position was passed on to Charles Osgood. He is of that Cronkite era. I am saddened at his passing; it is a connection to a time not that long ago.
Thank You...Charles Osgood was a quintessential American icon from a bygone era,he personified that era with class,dignity,and respect...He connected with people through his whimsical charm and authenticity,his curiosity,his insight,his humanity and genuine affection for anyone he came in contact with,especially his viewers...Charles Osgood put a Norman Rockwell painting into words...He wasn't a celebrity,he was your Uncle,your co-worker,your neighbor,he was ''US''....I met Charles Osgood many,many years ago at a charitable function here in Jersey...He was self-effacing,gracious,polite,unpretentious,humble and respectful...You will be missed,along with your ''Bow-Tie'',but never forgotten...RIP Charles🙏...It saddens me to think,when his generation,and mine passes away,there will be no one alive who knows what America once was...

It IS up to us to try and save it. Ourselves, our children. As difficult as it may seem at the moment, it IS our duty as Americans.