XPO | Chicago (XCG) closing

INewIt2

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anybody know anything about how true this is? A city driver from my barn (xme) asked me that rumor has it they are closing Chicago(xcg) terminal and drivers will be able to transfer to any Chicagoland terminal and keep seniority. I guess I'll say bye to xcg and hello xla:mad::ranting2::horse****::crybaby:

Last edited by a moderator:
XCW is Coldwater...XCG is Chicago...I can't see them closing XCW...it would be impossible to maintain the east west connection due to the trips operation out of Ohio. Do you mean XCG?

He meant XCG .. Chicago Illinois. I have heard the rumor as well .. but cant confirm.

Talked to a senior guy out of xcg He was praying that they would close xcg. I believe he transfered from bridgeview long ago...(sometimes dreams do come true lol).

Is Bridgeview closed or is it still open. I used to work out of there in 1999 then I moved on to the Houston terminal.

Bridgeview is still open. Chicago is closing due to the fact that they really don't have freight. Bridgeview covers some chicago area, Gary covers some chicago area and Melrose covers chicago area. I just hope I don't loose my daily run to xcw. I would loose it
I love xcw it makes me happy
J.n(xme)

Just out of curiosity where is the XCG terminal? I got to know Chicagoland very well from when I drove otr. I know where Bridgeview, Melrose, Des Plaines, and all the other suburbs are but where is that terminal? Is it off 290 or something?

Just out of curiosity where is the XCG terminal? I got to know Chicagoland very well from when I drove otr. I know where Bridgeview, Melrose, Des Plaines, and all the other suburbs are but where is that terminal? Is it off 290 or something?

It's off of 55 and I believe Western Ave. just south of downtown.

It's between California and Kedzie. If headed north on I55 it's right at the edge of exit to California ave. if you go off highway you end up in their lot lol

What is the terminal at the end of the Skyway?

I'm guessing it's Gary-Hammond. I came across the skyway last summer and nothing has changed since I used to run it weekly 12 years ago. Still rough and under construction. I didn't allow myself the pleasure of running 80/94 but someone said that's all 4 and 5 lane now. When I used to run that it was only 3 and would be backed up from the 294 split to at least Cline Ave and sometimes I65.

I'm pretty sure that's the Gary terminal. I know you can see it from 90 and I noticed some triples in there when I drove by.

That place is a dump. Huge potholes in the yard and when it rains real bad or get a spring thaw the drivers room and the bathrooms would flood

That place is a dump. Huge potholes in the yard and when it rains real bad or get a spring thaw the drivers room and the bathrooms would flood

was just there friday nite lot is worst than its was when i ran there last yr 2nd gear idling around pad looking for trl set picture taker of 3 times lead box make all sort for noises behind u

I'm guessing it's Gary-Hammond. I came across the skyway last summer and nothing has changed since I used to run it weekly 12 years ago. Still rough and under construction. I didn't allow myself the pleasure of running 80/94 but someone said that's all 4 and 5 lane now. When I used to run that it was only 3 and would be backed up from the 294 split to at least Cline Ave and sometimes I65.

I'm pretty sure that's the Gary terminal. I know you can see it from 90 and I noticed some triples in there when I drove by.

80/94 is decent now that it was widened. 294 is actually good road now too. Most lanes are ipass lanes so the tristate flows pretty good.

Bridgeview is still open. Chicago is closing due to the fact that they really don't have freight. Bridgeview covers some chicago area, Gary covers some chicago area and Melrose covers chicago area. I just hope I don't loose my daily run to xcw. I would loose it
J.n(xme)

Well when they get the new gary terminal built, they are closing xbv, xau, and only having xgh xnd xdp. in the Chicagoland area

J.n(xme)
And why dosent XCG have the freight any longer to stay open? Have we upset that many customers?

The new XJO terminal is set to open up in a few months, so it will definitely still be around, and will be taking back all the freight that was given away to XAU when the Cat freight came on.

I never could understand why we have NINE separate small terminals in Chicagoland. It would make much more sense to have 2 or 3 big ones.

J.n(xme)

It's ok, you can join your buddies Meier and Hajek in XQC! Talk about gravy work...

The new XJO terminal is set to open up in a few months, so it will definitely still be around, and will be taking back all the freight that was given away to XAU when the Cat freight came on.

I never could understand why we have NINE separate small terminals in Chicagoland. It would make much more sense to have 2 or 3 big ones.

Yep, seems a little ironic when they eliminated so many smaller terminals company-wide years ago that they still have this in Chicagoland.