FedEx Freight | Cinnaminson N.J. These Brothers are from our Cinnaminson NJ Terminal.

go ahead ban me please worked with her almost 15 years...just wish her the best...anyone has a problem with this get bent *******s....

Getting beyond all the name calling and grammar lessons. lol. I go back and forth about the upcoming vote. On one hand if I vote no fedex will bring back the old rules and even worse...But there is no guarantee of this happening. If I vote yes the union will get me better and almost free medical, better and almost free pension and more money...but there is no guarentee of this happening. With all of the information flying around it sounds like both sides are using some fear tactics. Don't let fear make your choice. If you have questions about negotiations go to the NLRB website and get the facts about what both sides are saying. Get educated!!!! Take the time to ask questions of both sides and make sure you get an answer. If they need to find out the answer make sure you go back and get the answer. Knowledge is power.

Getting beyond all the name calling and grammar lessons. lol. I go back and forth about the upcoming vote. On one hand if I vote no fedex will bring back the old rules and even worse...But there is no guarantee of this happening. If I vote yes the union will get me better and almost free medical, better and almost free pension and more money...but there is no guarentee of this happening. With all of the information flying around it sounds like both sides are using some fear tactics. Don't let fear make your choice. If you have questions about negotiations go to the NLRB website and get the facts about what both sides are saying. Get educated!!!! Take the time to ask questions of both sides and make sure you get an answer. If they need to find out the answer make sure you go back and get the answer. Knowledge is power.

The ONLY guidance that I can suggest, is look back at RECENT history. 5 years should be sufficient.

Here at FXFE, the entire relationship including rules, treatment, and compensation, has declined at an alarming rate, with zero end in sight. Same 5 years, teamster representation has provided a top shelf contract, making UPSF the most respected and compensated in the LTL industry, period. Click to Read the Contract

Not sure what else you should base your decision on. Negotiate as a group, the terms of the service we provide or take what is dictated by the Company, who has a history of broken promises as well as lagging compensation (except FedEx Pilots*Union*).

Whatever is decided, that will be "it" for (likely) a very very long time. Perhaps our entire working lifetimes.

Thanks for the info SR. I noticed a lot of things in that contract that differs from our situation. USPF includes all employees, city..road drivers..Dock workers and clerical workers. I also saw a very large number of locals in the deal as well. Are we going to negotiate with the other 3 centers or are we doing it alone? Also does the fact that UPS is already a union carrier make the negotiations easier? I mean UPS not doing right by UPSF may upset the original UPS Teamsters. The other things about the treatment is always on my mind. The compensation is not an issue for me but if I can make more I wouldn't be upset. Thanks again for the reply. I hope the NLRB site was useful for you as well. Look forward to talking with you again. I ask those questions of anybody reading this post and welcome the feedback.

dockdriver, the fact that UPS was already union when UPSFreight negotiated their contract likely helped in the fact that UPS (package) already was comfortable and established as able to work with an organized workforce. As for negotiating, I believe all Locals involved will negotiate as a total group, with individual Locals able to have input and even negotiate within the collective before ratification. Certain Locals often encompass (represent) more than one center.The local my center falls into actually covers the whole State

As for a partially represented workforce... Say 60% of locations petitioning and subsequently voting for representation. It would stand to reason that they could go forward and negotiate without the rest of the locations. Any agreements would only apply to the represented locations. Obviously more locations would have more leverage, but as few as 1-4 locations could proceed collectively. Others likely have more specific understanding of that process and should chime in shortly.

Oh yeah, the NLRB site is quite helpful too.

dockdriver, the fact that UPS was already union when UPSFreight negotiated their contract likely helped in the fact that UPS (package) already was comfortable and established as able to work with an organized workforce. As for negotiating, I believe all Locals involved will negotiate as a total group, with individual Locals able to have input and even negotiate within the collective before ratification. Certain Locals often encompass (represent) more than one center.The local my center falls into actually covers the whole State

As for a partially represented workforce... Say 60% of locations petitioning and subsequently voting for representation. It would stand to reason that they could go forward and negotiate without the rest of the locations. Any agreements would only apply to the represented locations. Obviously more locations would have more leverage, but as few as 1-4 locations could proceed collectively. Others likely have more specific understanding of that process and should chime in shortly.

Oh yeah, the NLRB site is quite helpful too.
What about like centers in the south? We are a small center but already over half the drivers have turned in cards. What if we were the only ones in the state to vote and approve one? How would that work?

What about like centers in the south? We are a small center but already over half the drivers have turned in cards. What if we were the only ones in the state to vote and approve one? How would that work?

Your Local would negotiate your centers contract. Once we get enough centers it will be a national contract.

Your Local would negotiate your centers contract. Once we get enough centers it will be a national contract.
That's how they did upsf contract. 1st you get 1 service center to vote on a contract then you use it as the blue print for all the other 1s. I just hope for you guys that it is a hub that gets the 1st contract because they will get a better 1 then if it is an EOL (end of the line) terminal

That's how they did upsf contract. 1st you get 1 service center to vote on a contract then you use it as the blue print for all the other 1s. I just hope for you guys that it is a hub that gets the 1st contract because they will get a better 1 then if it is an EOL (end of the line) terminal

Great post....your's is the post of the day ....

FedEx has promised us a raise and scrapped the score card and promises to look into more time off for us drivers. Not only will will all this these things go back to normal if the union is voted it will probably get even worse. If the company was truly serious about making changes the current upper management safety directors and HR people will be fired. These are the people that caused the revolt due to their excessive rules and inability to treat us like people. These people are such tyrants you better believe if a no vote they will take revenge on us. As long as Rodney M. Bill C. Frank M. Brian J. Michelle H. And a few others are still employed at FedEx we as employees need to watch our backs. Don't let their temporary promises and policy changes fool you. These are the people that have declared war on the drivers that make it possible for them to get a paycheck.
VOTE YES!