Estes | City Kitty's Taken road X-Board driver tractors during break time

BossHog

TB Lurker
Credits
Been Extra now coming from city after working here about 9 months i have switched to extra board for two weeks now and enjoy it or should i say enjoy the paychecks... So here's my question Tell me is this normal pratice The last time i laidover at 024 they want you to park in the back now behind the shop. where all the tractors are parked.
A city kitty used my tractor for the day.

One i know it's not "MY" tractor but i do keep it extra clean in and out so maybe it looks more apealing to take.

1.. does this happen often???
2.. do you veteran road guys leave your stuff like gps,sat radio and things in your truck when you lay over at the terminals?

if so i will start takeing more of my stuff out IE. GPS, SAT Radio etc....
I've just trusted that at the terminal my stuff is safe...

Extra board drivers at our terminal stay at the hotel, but if we are short of equipment, we go and get one from the hotel and don't even let the driver know until he calls the terminal. Last year the TM got rid of all our extra city tractors because they are charged to the terminal and this effects the terminals cost, which effects bonuses, and we were visiting the hotel daily.

Been Extra now coming from city after working here about 9 months i have switched to extra board for two weeks now and enjoy it or should i say enjoy the paychecks... So here's my question Tell me is this normal pratice The last time i laidover at 024 they want you to park in the back now behind the shop. where all the tractors are parked.
A city kitty used my tractor for the day.

One i know it's not "MY" tractor but i do keep it extra clean in and out so maybe it looks more apealing to take.

1.. does this happen often???
2.. do you veteran road guys leave your stuff like gps,sat radio and things in your truck when you lay over at the terminals?

if so i will start takeing more of my stuff out IE. GPS, SAT Radio etc....
I've just trusted that at the terminal my stuff is safe...

If you stay at a terminal where you stay in a bunkroom and they need you tractor,there's really nothing you can do..They have someone there all the time to transport you to the hospital if you have a problem..Or a service truck you can use to go eat or a spare truck..If you stay at a motel,they will not,or should not leave you stranded..If they need a tandem for that day,they will usually give you a single axle to go to the motel with,or my terminal manager will..Just talk to the TM,he'll work with ya..

As far as your equipment in the truck,it would be wise to take it out..

I take everything of value out of the truck when at a yard where city drivers take trucks, it is amazing what you can "LOSE" while on break. I also park it in the most inconvenient location that I can find. Also if you dont smoke make sure you have it posted CLEARLY or your truck will smell like sweat and an ashtray along with the mechanical issues. Its not their truck and they could care less about it.

you are normally suppose to park your truck behind the shop at 024, lately it seems that your truck is not off limits at any terminal you go to. have heard of alot of drivers talking about it, just depends on how gracious the terminal is, as to how they take it. most just seem to just take it... was given a phone call from racine terminal,at the motel, before they came and got it.been going on for awhile now..even with all the new trucks out !

If you stay at a motel,they will not,or should not leave you stranded.

a friend of mine sure did not like waking up in kansas city motel, with no phone call, and no truck, sitting where he parked his. he was even more upset sitting there an xtra 2 hrs, waiting on the schedual driver to bring it back

Last edited by a moderator:
a friend of mine sure did not like waking up in kansas city motel, with no phone call, and no truck, sitting where he parked his. he was even more upset sitting there an xtra 2 hrs, waiting on the schedual driver to bring it back

Not making light of the situation,but how long after he got his truck back,was he dispatched...He really should have called the TM, Safety or Junior..

Last edited by a moderator:
I take everything of value out of the truck when at a yard where city drivers take trucks, it is amazing what you can "LOSE" while on break. I also park it in the most inconvenient location that I can find. Also if you dont smoke make sure you have it posted CLEARLY or your truck will smell like sweat and an ashtray along with the mechanical issues. Its not their truck and they could care less about it.

Any smoker thats used my truck could care less about the no smoking request thing. I park my nice smelling clean truck and take my break, so what do I get back to? A stinking, ash covered, out of fuel, full of trash, no VCR filled out, disgusting mess. I would like to find his personal vehicle in the parking lot and leave him the same mess, but most likely the pig's car already looks and smells like that. Like was said above "It's not their truck and they could care less about it". Exactly!

Any smoker thats used my truck could care less about the no smoking request thing. I park my nice smelling clean truck and take my break, so what do I get back to? A stinking, ash covered, out of fuel, full of trash, no VCR filled out, disgusting mess. I would like to find his personal vehicle in the parking lot and leave him the same mess, but most likely the pig's car already looks and smells like that. Like was said above "It's not their truck and they could care less about it". Exactly!
When they trash them and don't fill them they never fill out the dvr book. I had a guy do me like that way. I know theirs not much a person can do at another barn but it's an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth at the home terminal.

Not making light of the situation,but how long after he got his truck back,was he dispatched...He really should have called the TM, Safety or Junior..

he was dispatched with load, when truck arrived. he came off break at 2300.. so no tm,safety or junior were available... and like is being said, it's not his truck, and what are they gonna do the next day, after it has been done ... I'll check into it ? sorry to hear that happened

he was dispatched with load, when truck arrived. he came off break at 2300.. so no tm,safety or junior were available... and like is being said, it's not his truck, and what are they gonna do the next day, after it has been done ... I'll check into it ? sorry to hear that happened

It doesn't matter if it was today or last week,they have a record who drove your truck..All those guys I mentioned are on 24 hour call...You can call them at home if you need to..They are going to use your truck..Plain and simple..But...If they leave you at a hotel stranded, that's a big no-no in Richmonds eyes..It's not "being a snitch" if you are protecting your well-being...They had the same problem in JAX,years ago, and the TM was delt with accordingly..They fired him..Ask Mildew,he probably remembers the ordeal...Being in the bunkroom at the terminal whithout transportation,is one thing,there's someone there all the time,being at the hotel,is totally different..Hope you get it fixed..

I got my truck back from a smoker one day and found him spraying air freshener in it ,dont know which was worse the smoke smell or the freaking greentree smelling crap he sprayed , i had one hell of a headache that night. BTW when I said to him why did you smoke in my truck he denied it and said that he got a little sweaty that day and just wanted to freshen my truck up. Man I was PISSED , but what are you going to do?

Yea, I remember. I also remember Tampa having troubles. They've had trucks taken before the drivers got all their sleeping gear out out because the city guys didn't want to use a truck without a/c and they would grab the road guys trucks before someone else did.

had a smoker in my truck with signs all over. just a little commen courtesy would go along way. this co is changing for the worse. with all the wrecks there having im supprised they have extra trucks

i can care less if a city driver or anybody else uses my truck; all i ask is to please keep it clean and fuel after you finish..
it's happened to me a couple of times, but i've never been stranded without a truck they've used it to deliver a solid load and then brought right back

I'm out of 024 and I hear ya on the city thing. When I worked city they'd have us grab a road driver's truck that had just come in and they'd get pretty pissed but wasn't our fault. Now that I'm on the road I guess I've been lucky not to have my truck used by city guys. And by the way, everyone's back to parking by the gate now

To the 027 city driver that left a stawberry air freshener in my truck yesterday , it's hanging on the generater out front ,feel free to shove it up your backside. BTW I smell the smoke .