FedEx Freight | Class B drivers

Class B driver called off because of lack of work.... I didn't think that they were in city seniority.. not me but a newer driver.. any one know anything about this?.. what should I tell him to do in this situation

Can confirm Class B is its own board. Ironically all of our Class B drivers are ex City Drivers with full a Class A license with all of the endorsements.

Thanks for getting this out here .
Let's go TB Members we need to get this dialed in here .

Nice thread work Dr. Driver !
SMOKESTACK

I will ask a quiet part out loud.

If Commercial Driving License depends on for hire over 10,000 pounds (Class C etc) and over 26000 pounds for class B and Class A is for combination vehicles....

WHY... OH WHY must we segregate class B from Class A or class whatever from each other. They are all equally one creature.

The reason I asked this specifically was one time I was in Westminster TBH for a interview (A ready mix construction company) surrounded by Class A lowboys in a rainy day interview being told I am over qualified just for Class B work. Damn yankees. I ended up doing the same work here in Arkansas when I emigrated here.

To many residentials, to much downtown offices
So there are many old drivers here. There always was hard places
to make deliveries with long trucks , no liftgates , no plt jacks , some
under bridges you barely fit under but we came home empty and
with pick ups on. Now a days the drivers just bring it back , good luck
getting them to hand-unload a tiny skid.

I used to deal with Alpo Foods in West of Allentown one summer. Show up with a 53 box, fill it double stacked 48 pallets big wood on Alpo Dog Food bulk bags.

Drive all night wait half the day back into grocery and told to restack that ::shit:: onto small wood. 48 pallets has become 110 pallets in a few hours.

You would think they would stack 110 small wood in ALPO at the SHIPPER and whistle up like 3 tractor trailers from our yard to deliver it. But no....

That company went into my little black book of do not haul for the rest of my life. Working like a damn dog in the heat.

getting them to hand-unload a tiny skid.
Then you carried a 2X6 or whatever you could find in the back of the trailer to slide stuff down on the ground, didn't think nothing about it .

getting them to hand-unload a tiny skid
before we had lift gates we would lay down 55 gallon drums , roll them out the back of trailer onto 2 old tires. Then tilt them and roll them where customer wanted them

before we had lift gates we would lay down 55 gallon drums , roll them out the back of trailer onto 2 old tires. Then tilt them and roll them where customer wanted them
When I started at Roadway, the terminal I was at had no liftgate trailer. On several occasions I would put long forks on the forklift, back it into the trailer with the freight on the rear, then used chains and the long forks to lower it to the ground from the trailer. First time I suggested it, the TM thought I was kidding. A few times more doing it, he never questioned it.

When I started at Roadway, the terminal I was at had no liftgate trailer. On several occasions I would put long forks on the forklift, back it into the trailer with the freight on the rear, then used chains and the long forks to lower it to the ground from the trailer. First time I suggested it, the TM thought I was kidding. A few times more doing it, he never questioned it.
I'm glad I didn't work back in the (old days) :6788:

One time I chained up a used farm implement to a large tree and pulled out from underneath it. Well built and soft ground, delivery complete. Got to think about the situation. Straight do have a place where some of us should not be.