Yellow | Closing 141 (Philly) 06-26-09

localdriver

TB Regular
Credits
Just recieved via ups overnight, a letter from YRC that they will cloising down the Roadway terminal in Philly, I was layed off back in October and have since found decent work, YRC could have saved a few sheckles on the overnight 1lb letter. I wonder how many letters like this go out daily to permenatly layed off worker's??????

Any more room for another looking to get out!!

Did you find a job at Trucking co. Looking to get out before its too late. Its getting bad, and the guys at the barn are all really upset. Zollars needs to go.

Any job leads?

Just recieved via ups overnight, a letter from YRC that they will cloising down the Roadway terminal in Philly, I was layed off back in October and have since found decent work, YRC could have saved a few sheckles on the overnight 1lb letter. I wonder how many letters like this go out daily to permenatly layed off worker's??????
tell loretta goodbye for me

i dont get it they just gave philly roadway all this area out western greater philadelphia and now there closing them so are they going to give it back to yellow up in bensalem?

We at 120 are also closing. No letters yet.
Word came from the Hall today.
Moving both Scranton (Yellow) and Tannersville (RDWY) To the vacant Holland Terminal in Dorrance Pa.

We at 120 are also closing. No letters yet.
Word came from the Hall today.
Moving both Scranton (Yellow) and Tannersville (RDWY) To the vacant Holland Terminal in Dorrance Pa.

Will there be a COO, or have we moved past that and it's just what ever the company decides to do?

wishfull thinking here but maybe by june we will be busy and they cant close as many. as for philly heard that is a leased terminal and theft problem there. any way if seniority date is 2000 you may not be working for a while

107 (Cheshire) closing moving 70% work to Middletown,CT. and balance going to Springfield,Mass.Maybrook and MT.Vernon N.Y.

141 Leased?

Philly (141) a leased terminal? They must have had a 50 year lease. That terminal has been occupied by Roadway longer than any other terminal in the region that I know of.

Philly (141) a leased terminal? They must have had a 50 year lease. That terminal has been occupied by Roadway longer than any other terminal in the region that I know of.

This terminal is owned by Roadway going back to the mid 60's. Northeast windows is on both sides of the terminal. He made YRC an offer that they can't refuse. They bit and the rest in money to be pumped down the rat hole for survival.
The break down of manpower is as followed
Bensalem former Yelllow terminal 25 men
Camden IE Cherry Hill terminal former Yellow 15 men
Line Lexington/Lansdale Roadway Terminal 7 men
New Castle former Yellow terminal 11 men.
the remaining members are being shown the door.Part of the big picture towards the down sizing.

167 Dover,D.E. is going into New Castle,D.E.
115 Lakewood is going into Trenton

165 Milville is making out like bandits in all this change !!!!

This terminal is owned by Roadway going back to the mid 60's. Northeast windows is on both sides of the terminal. He made YRC an offer that they can't refuse. They bit and the rest in money to be pumped down the rat hole for survival.
The break down of manpower is as followed
Bensalem former Yelllow terminal 25 men
Camden IE Cherry Hill terminal former Yellow 15 men
Line Lexington/Lansdale Roadway Terminal 7 men
New Castle former Yellow terminal 11 men.
the remaining members are being shown the door.Part of the big picture towards the down sizing.

167 Dover,D.E. is going into New Castle,D.E.
115 Lakewood is going into Trenton

165 Milville is making out like bandits in all this change !!!!

is Milville the terminal they call Atlantic City?

I thought Springfield Mass, Terminal Closed

Springfield guys came to our terminal in Cheshire, and Middletown, Springfield is closed, are they going to open it back up?