R&L | closing terminal

Posted yesterday. Closing because it was opened to divert freight from breakbulk. Has not performed according to management.

It was opened to give a Roberts favorite a job close to home after he came back from rehab anyway. What was that TM's name, he was a Regional manager in Dallas for a long time

It was opened to give a Roberts favorite a job close to home after he came back from rehab anyway. What was that TM's name, he was a Regional manager in Dallas for a long time

Do you really beleive that? There is not a conspiricy behind everything they do. What about Lumberton and Chattanoga,all were opened in better times. I look for Lumberton to be the next one to shut down,not much freight comes out of there.

Do you really believe that? There is not a conspiricy behind everything they do. What about Lumberton and Chattanoga,all were opened in better times. I look for Lumberton to be the next one to shut down,not much freight comes out of there.

I KNOW it to be a fact... I wish I could remember the guys name, I can see his face as plain as day.

He was the Regional Director in the Southwest for years. Before that he was the TM at Cordele. Kind of red headed...

Developed a bad drug problem and the Roberts took care of him. He was a nice guy, but the nose candy screws up the best of them.

In Lumberton they got a DEAL on the real estate, even though the dock ended up a funny shape but it was a depressed area even before the Obama mis administration. I remember having plenty of applications to choose from. Unemployment was double digits in the area even in good times. They got a lot of good employees cheap there.

That one was suppose to be a secret, then the dumb asses put an R&L Sign up before the building was done right across the road from a customer a driver delivered to daily...and I had people all over the Carolinas wondering what was going on and my boss telling me "Deny it! Nobody knows about that!"

Are you talking about Rick? I think that was his name, 'cept he wasn't a nice guy, and could really be a ::shit:: at times.
He threatened to fire me once for cussing at a dock super. What he failed to realize was, that dock super and I cussed at each other every morning, kinda a guy thing and it was done in a fun manner.
I think he must have been raised by women, cuz he couldn't seem to comprehend the concept of guys screwing with one another like that. Learned to get quiet whenever he was around...
Story we got was that he got fired for stealing from the company, guess that was just a cover story.........

Are you talking about Rick? I think that was his name, 'cept he wasn't a nice guy, and could really be a ::shit:: at times.
He threatened to fire me once for cussing at a dock super. What he failed to realize was, that dock super and I cussed at each other every morning, kinda a guy thing and it was done in a fun manner.
I think he must have been raised by women, cuz he couldn't seem to comprehend the concept of guys screwing with one another like that. Learned to get quiet whenever he was around...
Story we got was that he got fired for stealing from the company, guess that was just a cover story.........

Not Rick.... He did steal though. "Borrowed" from petty cash at every terminal he filled in at, then when he went to the next one he "paid it back" from the second terminals petty cash...

I am thinking Phil something.

yea.....they have shut the doors on our terminal.....and only two drivers get to transfer out to tallahassee.......rest of us are out of a job........and that bill count is wrong.........we had many days well over those numbers

yea.....they have shut the doors on our terminal.....and only two drivers get to transfer out to tallahassee.......rest of us are out of a job........and that bill count is wrong.........we had many days well over those numbers

Sorry you lost your job...