FedEx Freight | Clt Move

Viceroy

TB Lurker
Credits
Anyone have any info as to the validity of CLT moving to Salisbury? It’s floating around that the airport bought the current CLT facility and that it is moving into Salisbury and is supposed to combine CLT and GBO

Anyone have any info as to the validity of CLT moving to Salisbury? It’s floating around that the airport bought the current CLT facility and that it is moving into Salisbury and is supposed to combine CLT and GBO
Fake News!!

We sold about an acre of unusable land (a required buffer by code) to the airport so they could build an office building on their parcel and still be within the required setbacks.

The CLT center is busting at the seams...we’ve outgrown the size of our dock and our yard but we’re land locked with no room to expand. There’s been talk of building a second center in CLT to coincide with the current center and that second center would in fact be located north towards the Concord/Salisbury area in order to relieve some pressure off of GBO who could also use some relief.

There is NO intention of combining the two centers into one mega center, that would be ludicrous, asinine, and pure suicidal!!

Last edited:
Fedex CLT is going nowhere!! They are located in the center of Charlotte making it convenient for them! Now I did hear that OD which is located behind fedex did sell. Again they are also land locked just like red said above but they are also quarter the size of the Fedex CLT terminal. I did hear that OD went ahead and purchased land in Rock Hill for a new terminal which will benefit them much more than their smaller terminal.

I was told by a good friend of mine who works for you all about the land purchase and new terminal in Salisbury.I couldn't figure out why.Maybe this answer's the question.Also,not sure about the OD deal.The land in Rock Hill had been purchased several year's ago.They have had a plan for years with splitting Clt.King's Mountain Term was the 1st part.Rock Hill was 2'nd Split and Mooresville Area was in the talk's to.But,with freight business down I'm betting that it's all been put on hold.

Last edited:
I was told by a good friend of mine who works for you all about the land purchase and new terminal in Salisbury.I couldn't figure out why.Maybe this answer's the question.Also,not sure about the OD deal.The land in Rock Hill had been purchased several year's ago.They have had a plan for years with splitting Clt.King's Mountain Term was the 1st part.Rock Hill was 2'nd Split and Mooresville Area was in the talk's to.But,with freight business down I'm betting that it's all been put on hold.

If the money has already been delegated for the project, it won't be put on hold. The money for this expansion is taken out of previous budgets. As far is corporate is concerned it's already spent and it no longer exist.

Yea but they do have plenty of capacity for more freight. Seems only half of the dock is used on the hub.
Correct, but sales should pound the pavement and generate some more local freight seeing as how that’s why their dock was expanded in the first place...just sayin’ :poke:

Correct, but sales should pound the pavement and generate some more local freight seeing as how that’s why their dock was expanded in the first place...just sayin’ :poke:

Sales mgr. said he was not interested in more freight at this time, but would entertain a plan to get his drivers more seat time and less time on the golf course, (overheard from a friend)