XPO | Coke Classic... why not Con-Way Classic?

Merdock

Kool-aid-aholic
Credits
When Coca-Cola released their "new coke" people kinda got a bad taste in their mouth and Coke re-introduced "Coke Classic". Change is change but "new and improved" don't always make it better. Any chance on seeing Con-Way Classic before I retire?

The company racing truck rolled into town today. To bad none of the drivers knew it was coming and nobody put together any activities to celebrate this event. At first I found myself very frustrated with the lack of communication and planning. Man we really could have enjoyed this day with our families, customers, and the local community (i.e. the success of the anniversary party at the Memphis terminal). But then again without any customers visiting the terminal we didn't have to plan any tours of our new system of dock cleanliness... well actually lack there of. Marty introduced everyone to "hospital clean", which was an easy transition from Rick P. Our current dirt, junk dunnage, and general disarray really sucks. Action, reaction... what's the cost of a great operating ratio for a terminal these days?

Who knows, maybe a dusk mask would take this bad taste out of my mouth. Man I sure could use a Con-Way Classic right now.

I recall reading years ago that Coke was #1 and hired a brillant young man, top of his class in college. He was fresh out with his degree. They hired him and his brilliant idea was to change the formula for Coke. Didn't take the guys with experience to realize that the newcomer with no experience was ruining the business. Back came Coke and out went the new guy.

So saying all that my point is that it's going to take experience, someone that knows to get to the top position and put things back the way they were.

As said in earlier post, from way back, it's like a tree, take care of the roots and trim the dead limbs from the TOP. Hopefully this will happen soon. Before it's too late and the tree either dies or is stunted in growth.

sensitive topic, but the fact of the matter remains that you have to change with the times and you have to keep up with the competition...if you sit still, you become still, then dead....ask CF, PIE, Transcon, Delta McLean, ETMF, etc., the list is too long....all victims of stagnant business practices...I'm not saying all the changes we have made are good, lord knows I have a list if ever given the voice...I've always been a Pepsi guy, so I can't comment on Coke...But I will say this....I think we have taken a very simple business, what we do for a living, and figured out more ways to complicate it over the years to the point that we have confused many of our employees...and that has created the environment we are in now...survival...Thank you Jimmy Carter, for deregulation...we have prospered because of it, and suffered because of it...if pricing were ever regulated again, Con-way would be the largest LTL in the world because of the service standards...

sensitive topic, but the fact of the matter remains that you have to change with the times and you have to keep up with the competition...if you sit still, you become still, then dead....ask CF, PIE, Transcon, Delta McLean, ETMF, etc., the list is too long....all victims of stagnant business practices...I'm not saying all the changes we have made are good, lord knows I have a list if ever given the voice...I've always been a Pepsi guy, so I can't comment on Coke...But I will say this....I think we have taken a very simple business, what we do for a living, and figured out more ways to complicate it over the years to the point that we have confused many of our employees...and that has created the environment we are in now...survival...Thank you Jimmy Carter, for deregulation...we have prospered because of it, and suffered because of it...if pricing were ever regulated again, Con-way would be the largest LTL in the world because of the service standards...

HUH!!!:knockout::knockout::knockout:

pretty insulting...how in your mind is a "regular guy" suppose to sound..?? the fact that I have chosen to drive for a career doesn't make me "regular"...is it because I went to college for a time and studied business management (no degree, so maybe I am still a regular guy)...you want to get by in this world, you got to know what goes on around you...as for posing as a DSR, nobody has accused me of that yet, but I do pose every night at 8pm...come ride, anytime you want..

on second thought, maybe I'll knock a couple teeth out, mispeel evr turd werd, gain 50 lbs, and be pissed off at society in general and blame all of my problems on every one but me...maybe then, I wud bee a ragler gie...

on second thought, maybe I'll knock a couple teeth out, mispeel evr turd werd, gain 50 lbs, and be pissed off at society in general and blame all of my problems on every one but me...maybe then, I wud bee a ragler gie...

:hysterical::hysterical: Thats funny..I dont care who you are!!!!

I love your somewhat positive attitude from some of your post i just don't care how you put down other members when they voice there opinions and concearns regarding there jobs as you have in several other post. This post by you that i have quoted would indicate you are a neurotic person.
Your almost College degree in business has to do with what?
How dare you put down/sterotype other Drivers or members of your peers as you have. Only losers put down other people in order to feel good about themselves.

neurotic..?? and you are what..?? a psycologist now..?? I came to this forum to particiapte, and it is clearly becoming a waste of time...for those of you I have come to know through intelligent conversation, I hope you find what it is that makes you happy...to those who continue to struggle to find anything good to make you happy, I hope your struggle is short...to those "regular" people whom I have offended, a humble apology...
So,I am out...I wish you all well...time to go to work, the 2 hour backup is uselessly upon us once again...take care...

:Off-Topic::Off-Topic:Just thought I would point that out! :ontopic:So Merdock are you saying the current regime is the bad taste? Sorry to see camp coldwater is a dump again, but I never cared for the current step child running the show either. Don`t hold your breath waiting for that change in taste, it could be dangerous to your health. :nutkick: