Estes | columbus ohio

bigdaddy300

TB Lurker
Credits
hey there just wanted to see if i can get some info about the columbus ohio terminal is it a nice place to work how long is the shortest road run? do you get to move up fairly quick. how much does the pay start at? can some one please write back with some more info thanks

OHOI Matey!

hey there just wanted to see if i can get some info about the columbus ohio terminal is it a nice place to work how long is the shortest road run? do you get to move up fairly quick. how much does the pay start at? can some one please write back with some more info thanks

Sorry, don't know the specifics, but I'll tell you this much, the Suckeyes.....well.....suck.

:joke:

This is a great company to work for, hope you get aboard.:clap:

I doubt you'll jump right in on a schedule. Columbous is pretty big I wouldn't think you'll be on extra board forever. The bad thing about the northern terminals is the north. That's where you'll run. Some folks say they don't mind running up that way. I can't stand running up that way personally. The pay is exellent (for a truck driver) You wont need to worry about the money if your used to a drivers salary. The money will be there. You'll be tired all the time, unless you can sleep all day. You just need to figure out if it's worth it. It's easy, it's lonely, it's a good place to work. Perfect job for a single man. I'm married with kids and I miss out on alot of things. I have alot more good memories with my family when I was driving for $11 bucks an hour and working 8 hours and going home at 3pm then I do now. We got the geritol crew at my workplace. I think I'll have a shot at a bid run in 20 more years. Don't get me wrong. It's and exellent place to work. Those are just some thing to think about because you'll get caught up in the money and forget what's more important in life.

Those are just some thing to think about because you'll get caught up in the money and forget what's more important in life.

Boy ain't that the truth.
I'm gonna run hard till I get my daughter thru college and then who knows after that......

Buddy O mine went to bed in Columbus today. Said they are working hard to open the new terminal.Said it's going to be nice.

I am on break here in Columbus today. yes they are working hard on that terminal. Pouring drop pads repairing stuff on the inside of the terminal and the shop in the back. All the lights were on this morning too.

one thing about the columbus terminal to watch out for....there is this driver named Jason that runs atlanta......the boy(and I use that term loosely) ain't right

You'll be tired all the time, unless you can sleep all day. You just need to figure out if it's worth it. It's easy, it's lonely, it's a good place to work. Perfect job for a single man. I'm married with kids and I miss out on alot of things. I have alot more good memories with my family when I was driving for $11 bucks an hour and working 8 hours and going home at 3pm then I do now. We got the geritol crew at my workplace. I think I'll have a shot at a bid run in 20 more years. Don't get me wrong. It's and exellent place to work. Those are just some thing to think about because you'll get caught up in the money and forget what's more important in life.

Boy you can say that again, right on. Since I got put on Extra Board I wish I could go back to my Part time gig I had before I got to Estes.
Can't tell you how many things I have missed my Kids do since I got put back on.
But after being here for over 8 years now, where do I go, Like you I will put them in College so hopefully they will never have to do what I do for a living.
Then I can go and work at Home Depot or something like that, and not worry about the Money.

Could somebody tell me what the starting rate and top rate is for linehaul drivers is in ohio?I need a job and I am trying to make a smart career move. Also what is the time off policy and how much time do they give the x board drivers to get there (work call) ? Thanks for any help!

Could somebody tell me what the starting rate and top rate is for linehaul drivers is in ohio?I need a job and I am trying to make a smart career move. Also what is the time off policy and how much time do they give the x board drivers to get there (work call) ? Thanks for any help!

800-work4estes or

Estes Express Lines or

check with the local terminal manager.

The work call thing really doesn't apply too much with xtra board drivers, as you're staying at the terminal in a hotel or bunk 'cept for the day you leave. Ya either call or walk into dispatch and they've already got you set up once you come off break.

I think you get a week vaca after a year, and three ph's a year, normal holidays.

As far as a smart career move, Estes is debt free and the majority of us love it here. There's very little turnover here. Jump aboard early, I think Columbus may end up being a monster operation if everything I've seen and heard is true.

Thanks for the replies.The question about the work call time was for when you are at home. I live about 1 hour from columbus so I hope that would be ok? Again, thanks for all the help!

I've been here for amost 10 years,and driving 45 minutes to work.Hadn't bothered them or me.Heck some of the Charlotte drivers live 2 hours away.If it gets to be a problem,they might say something,other than that,they don't care.

Jump aboard early, I think Columbus may end up being a monster operation if everything I've seen and heard is true.

I think your right about Columbus getting huge. I found out last night corporate planners are moving the HUB's out of chuck west and toledo into the new columbus term. also.
They are supposed to be making the final move into the bigger term. across the street the week of the 4th of July.

This is Houston's last night as a Hub.Everything going to Temple.Hear also(rumor) that Dallas is going too. Can't figure that one out.

Hear we may be moving 010,too.Haven't got the skinny on that yet.Suppose to move it down the street and on the right.Hear Wally World wants that property we're on badly.But,have heard the Wally World rumor for years.

This is Houston's last night as a Hub.Everything going to Temple.Hear also(rumor) that Dallas is going too. Can't figure that one out.

Hear we may be moving 010,too.Haven't got the skinny on that yet.Suppose to move it down the street and on the right.Hear Wally World wants that property we're on badly.But,have heard the Wally World rumor for years.

I don't know about 010 moving, but I do know Dennis (dispatcher on days) and big Joe (operations manager was his title I think) got the boot this week over there. Something about Nikki (the lady that cuts dispatch bills on days) filing for sexual harassment. Dennis had 33 yrs. with us. There was a 3rd guy that got fired over it to, but I'm not sure who he was.

I don't know about 010 moving, but I do know Dennis (dispatcher on days) and big Joe (operations manager was his title I think) got the boot this week over there. Something about Nikki (the lady that cuts dispatch bills on days) filing for sexual harassment. Dennis had 33 yrs. with us. There was a 3rd guy that got fired over it to, but I'm not sure who he was.

Man! I just read this post. I liked both of those guys. They were very easy to get along with. I know Dennis was a good man. He would show me arriving on time even if I was 5 hours late:biglaugh: I doubt he was really harassing anyone. He would cut up with everyone. Blacks, whites, hispanics and women. I spent alot of hours in that break room and I would think that Nikki just took him wrong. I hope they get a 2nd chance. 33 years should mean something. That's sad news Kd.