A.DUIE PYLE Coming aboard!

Discussion in 'A. Duie Pyle' started by realtree, Aug 21, 2013.

1. realtree

realtree Active Member

My license and background check being done !

Hey why a 1300 start time ? Anyone know allentown yard!

2. xeastend

xeastend Well-Known Member

1300 start is most likely swaps. Take an empty and " swap " for a full one. Maybe a short linehaul after dark.
    I work out of West Chester. Been to Allentown term many times. What do you need to know?

3. ltltrkr

ltltrkr Well-Known Member

like he said swaps, also could be a lot of late pick ups with all the warehouse out there. Most of our terminals have afternoon drivers for that reason. Did you get called in for a interview ??

4. realtree

realtree Active Member

yes i did with bob i respectfully said 1pm is not what i want to do it wont work out with me cause of my kids always in and out of the house and i'll never get sleep!

5. shroomhauler

shroomhauler Member

Some more research may be needed to make sure you know what you are getting into. Most drivers here average 50-60 hrs a week in 5 days. that being said there are no perfect start times allowing you regular 9-5 family home time. this can be said for most if not all truck driving jobs. This is a job full of compromise and trade offs. A Duie Pyle is a great company and i love working here. Some shifts may work better with your individual family situation, and the start time given may be all that is available. Good luck i hope it works out for you.