XPO | Companies say health care reform could cost retirees drug benefits

(PROBLEM)150,000 annually it would cost con-way wtf. get rid of a whole bunch of dead weight management we have (PROBLEM SOLVED). Or is it going to kill this company to take care of their retirees :rant: :chairshot:

[quote author=rightturn link=topic=78913.msg818664#msg818664 date=1270228478]
(PROBLEM)150,000 annually it would cost con-way wtf. get rid of a whole bunch of dead weight management we have (PROBLEM SOLVED). Or is it going to kill this company to take care of their retirees :rant: :chairshot:
[/quote]

First and foremost you must understand there are no retirees at Con_way...

If you are receiving benefits of the now defunct pension plan...they are forced to deal with you in some form.

They don't like it...the sooner you die the better.

As for everyone else... you either work here or you don't...

Once you retire you are on your own...

This was evidenced by the decision of last year to eliminate any further accrual of the pension plan...years in advance of what they said a few years ago.

What this says to me and others is that John L. has no loyalty and/or respect for those that work here.

He is a back stabbing freak...not to be trusted.

If you are not willing to honor the agreements of those who came before you...then maybe you don't have any business being in the position you occupy...

Rat

[quote author=wonderring99 link=topic=78913.msg818646#msg818646 date=1270223421]
http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/local_story_089163912.html
[/quote]

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/local_story_089163912.html

Get ready!...

Bend over!...

900 retirees of over 30,000 active employees is around 3%...and they are pissing and moaning already...playing to the media so when they do screw us they will make look like it was a survival decision....

Just like all the other takebacks...

Integrity my ass!!!...

Rat

:chairshot: Retirees?????? What retirees I have worked out of my barn for 15 years now and I only know of 3 that made it to retirement. all the rest got canned, quit or died before thay made it.