XPO | Con-Tent

No Freight said:
What is it? Have not heard anything about it!

Weights and measures... It's the guys at the FAC's who go around measuring and weighing freight to make sure it is Classed Correctly according to NMFC

just yesterday at nkx they let our weight and measure person go, corporate downsizeing. and she just got back from lgo, where she was awarded a plaque for making the most money for cf southern. im confused. well not really cf can swallow an elephant but choke on a gnat

She was a good person and she will be missed. I hate to hear what happened to her. She was new to weights and inspection so she made somewhere around $600,000 in revenue for YTD. I dont see why they would spend the money to send her to the LGO then lay her off. It's not right... Alot of people wonder about W&I in general so if you have questions, hit me up.

con-tent is the worst thing con-way came out with.If you add in lost business we are at a net loss.I doubt half the people can read a tape measure, and their job depends on making money on it,customers we have lost over this ship their freight with other carriers at the same class and have no problems I think these analysts are screwing customers to make themselves look good and to justify their job.When con-firm started they were looking for100 pounds over, now 50 pounds and 17 dollar correction because someone doesn't want to admit their program was a flop.How did con-way make it for 20yrs w/o these programs.Eventualy you will run out of people to screw, as you can see.

trucker said:
con-tent is the worst thing con-way came out with.If you add in lost business we are at a net loss.I doubt half the people can read a tape measure, and their job depends on making money on it,customers we have lost over this ship their freight with other carriers at the same class and have no problems I think these analysts are screwing customers to make themselves look good and to justify their job.When con-firm started they were looking for100 pounds over, now 50 pounds and 17 dollar correction because someone doesn't want to admit their program was a flop.How did con-way make it for 20yrs w/o these programs.Eventualy you will run out of people to screw, as you can see.

The W & I Position and job description in general is industry standard practice... Just as Info... Con-Way was the LAST of the Major LTL's to get into the W & I Game... Yellow, Roadway, FXF have been doing Classification corrections for alot longer than Con-way... Food for thought...

Con-tent recovered 29 million dollars in revenue for Central in 2005 and are on pace to recover 31 million in 2006.

Also...remember the large ICP check Central recieved 2 years ago? You can THANK Con-tent for that.

Some more food for thought.

It's to bad the company doesn't use the con-tent program when it comes to the truck racing team. I'm sure they would find that this advertising program has not generated dollar 1 in revenue.

the only reason that the ICP check was larger was because the previous ICP sucked. CONSEQUENTLY..... they knew that Con-Tent would rolling out and Con-Firm was just gaining steam, so they based all of our goals on the previous year's numbers NOT INCLUDING W&I. Therefore when W&I came forward with all the extra fundage.....troops are happy, game over. So then what REALLY starts happening the following year? Everyone comes out with a stiffy over W&I...let's increase our ICP!!!! Don't get me wrong...I NEED to know if my trailer weights are true. However, why do I give a CRAP if the freight is class 60 or class 85??? It increases my ICP you say?? What is 7% of nothing? Because that is where we will be when our competitors hand out FAK's in order to hold onto to business and satisfy the customer and we stand our ground and let them walk out the door....

oodball said:
It's to bad the company doesn't use the con-tent program when it comes to the truck racing team. I'm sure they would find that this advertising program has not generated dollar 1 in revenue.
How many really watch the pick ups but when you go the collage with the ceo and you have a racing team.

Ray D. Oh said:
the only reason that the ICP check was larger was because the previous ICP sucked. CONSEQUENTLY..... they knew that Con-Tent would rolling out and Con-Firm was just gaining steam, so they based all of our goals on the previous year's numbers NOT INCLUDING W&I. Therefore when W&I came forward with all the extra fundage.....troops are happy, game over. So then what REALLY starts happening the following year? Everyone comes out with a stiffy over W&I...let's increase our ICP!!!! Don't get me wrong...I NEED to know if my trailer weights are true. However, why do I give a CRAP if the freight is class 60 or class 85??? It increases my ICP you say?? What is 7% of nothing? Because that is where we will be when our competitors hand out FAK's in order to hold onto to business and satisfy the customer and we stand our ground and let them walk out the door....

The correct weights on the trailer is just how they're selling the "safety" side of it to the drivers. It's all about revenue. If they were that interested in safety, every terminal would have an axle scale to scale the loads prior to departure.

That being said, you're correct. As a driver, class means nothing. As a company, class of the freight means everything, from outright revenue, to the amount we have to pay out per hundred weight when we (no, this never happens) loose or destroy the freight.

RoadRage76 said:
The correct weights on the trailer is just how they're selling the "safety" side of it to the drivers. It's all about revenue. If they were that interested in safety, every terminal would have an axle scale to scale the loads prior to departure.

That being said, you're correct. As a driver, class means nothing. As a company, class of the freight means everything, from outright revenue, to the amount we have to pay out per hundred weight when we (no, this never happens) loose or destroy the freight.
Over 20.000 thousand pounds you have to find a scale.Thats from the glass house