XPO | con-way do they care about family?

bud man

TB Lurker
Credits
I really dont think so. I started writing this reply and deleted because there was so many functions that I missed of my kids I was embarresed. overtime you can stick it. we need family time!!!!!!!

They care about moving freight first, then being on time to a reship second, and so on. The driver him/her self is not in the top 5. Family would come just under that. :nutkick:

I've never had a problem attending family functions. With four kids there is always something going on. When I cant get the night off, they've always switched me to a later out so I can go.

I've never had a problem attending family functions. With four kids there is always something going on. When I cant get the night off, they've always switched me to a later out so I can go.

You are lucky...i assure you this isnt a company wide practice...

prez I have to agree with nobody on this, but this may be the difference between you & me on why you like your TM and why I don`t care for mine....... seems he will only switch runs for the :butt kiss: :butt kiss: :butt kiss:

Unfortunately, if you bid l/h and make money, this is something you deal with. I'm sure p+d drivers are able to make these events. Go ahead, let me have it!

Unfortunately, if you bid l/h and make money, this is something you deal with. I'm sure p+d drivers are able to make these events. Go ahead, let me have it!

I really want to know what makes you so sure? I have over a decade with this extraordinary transportation organization.The only way I've seen this pattern change for DSR's is that they either quit or bid linehaul to disrupt the selective mandatory overtime demanded of an individual in the P. & D. operation. Family "once in a lifetime" special evnets have no value or importance here. :Flame-On:

well I just got home its about 10 pm, so tell me how many functions could I attend? I guess I missed my son`s track meet, and will miss plenty of his baseball games too, actually if I was on line I might get too see some of this, so I have to disagree with the statement you made. I sure wish I had 20 years in, the maybe I could be off by 5 pm.

base ball / track

well I just got home its about 10 pm, so tell me how many functions could I attend? I guess I missed my son`s track meet, and will miss plenty of his baseball games too, actually if I was on line I might get too see some of this, so I have to disagree with the statement you made. I sure wish I had 20 years in, the maybe I could be off by 5 pm.
well if your married get your wife to video the events for you then y'all could watch them together. word of advise no matter how much you wish it still takes 20 years to get 20 years. 20 years ago i missed allot of things but you do what you can and move on. really try the video thing because when your sitting with him he can tell you all about it. i do understand the part of being there for him. but also realize that your at your job for him as well. hang in there man the kids will understand.

I would have to wonder what being on LH has to do with this? I see our city guys making the same whines/complaints as LH in regards to days off, etc...in fact at our terminal that is where the majority of the abuse of sick days (when we had them) came from P&D...i remember many a times coming back from FAC only to hear the inbound FOS talking in his subtle (i am really pissed but cant show it because i have been told over and over about it) little voice, ok, see you tomorrow...only to ask and find out that was his 7th call off for the morning...

I have a unique family situation. The people (fos, fom and scm) have been really good to me. So I can say the people at my barn they care about my situation. Or I think they do

then :butt kiss: and get on with what you need to do.
I`d rather not, because while the :butt kiss: listen when told there is a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, I know there isn`t. Only a mud puddle, so these :butt kiss: only fool themselfs, and when they think they are buddy-buddy with that fos,fom,or tm they need to think if its them or you.....say bye-bye! :smilie_132:

butt kiss

I`d rather not, because while the listen when told there is a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, I know there isn`t. Only a mud puddle, so these only fool themselfs, and when they think they are buddy-buddy with that fos,fom,or tm they need to think if its them or you.....say bye-bye! QUOTE]
a true butt kisser does not actually but kiss but in a smart way have the :butt kiss: 'e think that he is getting his :butt kiss: but in fact the butt kisser is getting what he wants while the :butt kiss: 'e thinks that he is getting over on the :butt kiss: hope this clears things up .

Resident :butt kiss: has left the terminal here and things are better! now for the other :butt kiss: to just up and leave also. Well, nothing's perfect! :biglaugh:

I`d rather not, because while the :butt kiss: listen when told there is a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, I know there isn`t. Only a mud puddle, so these :butt kiss: only fool themselfs, and when they think they are buddy-buddy with that fos,fom,or tm they need to think if its them or you.....say bye-bye! :smilie_132:

The butt kissers (we used to call them leg hangers in AZ state) are always the ones who fall the hardest..it is a beautiful end to a sickening loss of dignity...