XPO | Con-way Freight Grows as Industry Shrinks

Ok i'll start it.They forgot to mention the part how they skimmed the money off of their parent company to get were they are today and putting 15,000 people out of work.

For a general interest newspaper article I thought the reporter did a decent job.

Con-Way is still one of the best places to start a driver career.

I'm a product of dock-to-driver and I'm grateful for it. I got quality intensive training and the chance to learn a lot from many veteran drivers.

Thanks for posting, Jeff...can't wait to see all the negative comments that come out of this...cynics, arise..!!!
Where would you like me to start? First off I think the reporter was refering to NMP not to all of Conway. 2 million pounds? Is everything being done by company policy? ( I don`t think so). But let that TM pat himself on the back, is that his beer drinkin` buddy or an :butt kiss: ? :hysterical: :hysterical: Nmp needs to learn how to load trailers the correct way. Standing by anxiously awaiting the retaliations :smilie_132: Great post though JEFF!

got to agree with your comment about how they load their trailers....always entertaining when we pop the doors out here...I usually avoid them because I am pretty adept at rock paper scissors...

Ok i'll start it.They forgot to mention the part how they skimmed the money off of their parent company to get were they are today and putting 15,000 people out of work.
give me a break con-way did not put them people out of business and i believe cf loaned them the money which was paid back every cent of it,
and it is not conway's fault that cf lost control of there business unions will do it you know

just cant let the company shine i just wish if all of these drivers did not like there jobs here they would go and leave oh but thats right they cant make the money anywhere else my fault all them drivers are miss understood

good comments...I remember during the 94 strike seeing them on the news in Socal laying in the street blocking traffic until one of them got hit...I remember thinking to myself, " these are the guys carrying CF to prosperity."
I still don't see any Con-way people laying in the street....maybe, just maybe, and this is a stretch, but maybe we're just a tad bit smarter...and, oh hell, still employed, too...hmmmm.....

Just saw the update Monday night...John L video....2Q was much stronger than the first....funny, we missed our plan in almost every category, yet had a very strong profit, especially compared to everyone else, or so it seems...pretty damn good given the state of the economy, I would say...this is also the first year we are seeing these reports as one company instead of three, so it's hard to gauge overall...but things are definitely looking up...and the stock continues to rise...

give me a break con-way did not put them people out of business and i believe cf loaned them the money which was paid back every cent of it,
and it is not conway's fault that cf lost control of there business unions will do it you know

just cant let the company shine i just wish if all of these drivers did not like there jobs here they would go and leave oh but thats right they cant make the money anywhere else my fault all them drivers are miss understood
You both need to read the Conway book (THE LEGEND OF CONWAY).:hide:Conway was the Mother Company that spun -off the unprofitable company.

shhhhhhh..... you don't want to upset them...sometimes the truth is too much to bear...a non-union company spinning off a union company....what is the world coming to..???

sure we did...ruined 'em...just ask 'em...
Go back and study the history from 1965 up to today. Check all the information that is out there and make up your own mind. As for me, this is the same game, played by different people, with the same results. I have connected all the dots, checked and rechecked my research, and can say in my own mind that I really feel sorry for the bottom 2/3`s of the present employees. But alas I say again, what do I know, I`m just a truck driver.:USA::USA::poster_oops::argue:

hi ,is any body knowS about con-way OTR DRIVER HOW MUCH THEY ARE MAKING A YEAR?EXPERINCE DRIVER..! 2 YEARS.THANK YOU GUYS BE SAFE OUT THERE .

Consolidated Freight Way

Give The Name back and we'll shut up Con Way (Consolidated Freight Way) Give the name back that's all...:smilie_132::1036316054: