XPO | Con-way Freight Honored With Ryder Carrier Quality Award for 2007 ...

Boy, wish I were PR for ConWay. I need the money but wouldn't do me any good. I hate to :butt kiss:
Here's an idea. Try NOT making a negative comment about Con-way each time a favorable PR piece is posted.:27: For someone who doesn't even work here, you certainly have a great deal of animosity for our company.:smilie_132:

thats not negative......she was just telling the truth.....as long as your a :butt kiss: you can get away with anything....just ask th RM in FL...

Here's a better idea: I put you on ignore, and you put me on ignore. :1036316054: That way you can be gullible and I can be cynical.
What Conway does is my business because it is my livelihood as well as yours although I'm not employed there. :smilie_132:

My 'animosity' is caused by watching my husband work himself into the ground for years to be a part of a great company only to get shafted at the end.

Have a good life and may your undies never have brown racing stripes. :funky:

Here's an idea. Try NOT making a negative comment about Con-way each time a favorable PR piece is posted.:27: For someone who doesn't even work here, you certainly have a great deal of animosity for our company.

Here's a better idea: I put you on ignore, and you put me on ignore. :1036316054: That way you can be gullible and I can be cynical.
What Conway does is my business because it is my livelihood as well as yours although I'm not employed there. :smilie_132:

My 'animosity' is caused by watching my husband work himself into the ground for years to be a part of a great company only to get shafted at the end.

Have a good life and may your undies never have brown racing stripes. :funky:
No, I'm not gullible, just optimistic and happy with my job. I'm also aware that no company is perfect.
I also see plenty of people that I work with that are down on Con-way and try to drag others along with them. What I don't need is outside people joining in, whether it be spouses who only get their information secondhand from an obviously unhappy employee, or people that just don't like Con-way for some other reason.
Just a side note. Maybe the TiredDrvr should look in a mirror and see if he's not bringing on some of this himself. I guess if you were actually present and involved at the terminal on a daily basis you would know the answer to that question.
So, if I'm ignored, so be it. You will continue to post and post and post. I will continue to work and be proud of the job I do and how I do it. I will also do what I can to ensure this company remains strong so that I can stay employed and retire as planned. I will also continue to not bother my wife when I get home with complaints about every miniscule thing that didn't go perfect for me that day. I'll just give her a hug, play with the kids or the dog, enjoy each other's company and leave any work issues at work for the most part.

You aren't on ignore. I'm going to say that our life is past kids at home and we are closing in on retirement. As for him nitpicking and griping about his job all of the time, you have that wrong. He gets to his job, works his butt off, comes home tired because he'll stay at the terminal to talk and laugh with his buddies there and will actually go on the dock, off clock and help if needed. His griping is usually about some new "rule" that he knows from a fact won't work, and knows that it'll put more work on the drivers without bringing in success.

He loves to work and started working at the age of 8 with his own lawn care business and brought in the money to help his parents pay for things although they weren't hurting for money. That's HIS sense of responsibility.

He comes home from work, I get him a coke, have the tv on and his shows that I recorded for him the night before are ready for him to watch. He leaves the house at 7:15 pm and I see him around 10 am the next day. Rare is it that he gripes.

You are assuming and it's wrong about my husband.

Also he doesn't feel like I should be kept in the dark about what goes on at his job and he shares with me when he feels like it.

Last, this is a trucking board but it's not an offical board that ONLY deals with each company, it's a private board owned by someone that opens it to the PUBLIC. Nowhere does it say that wives/girlfriends/SO's can't post and talk to drivers.

And I don't think everyone shares your opinion that a wive should live like a mushroom about her husband's job. I'm here not just to cook and clean but be his life companion to talk to. My dad would come home from his trucking jobs and talk to my mom about it. When my father in law owned his P&D terminal (Mistletoe Express) his wife was by his side and his son, my husband, was working for him. When my FIL went into a different business, his wife was by his side and answered the phone, took care of the bills, etc. and they shared everything.

You and your wife have your marriage the way you want it and if it's working for you, then that's great. Keep on, marriage is a hard thing in these days to keep going.

We just celebrated 29 years married and 3 years of dating before that. And we talk about his job, retirement and whatever else.

Oh and I haven't just sat around doing nothing. I have bought land, was the contractor MYSELF to build houses and selling them myself. And this is recent. But my heart problems are getting to me and I have to stop that for now. But I did spend years being the sole caretaker of my children, no daycare, taking care of my home and being married to my driver who feels that he can talk to me about his life that he has before he gets home.

I don't know, maybe you should do a poll and see how many want me off of this board or else complain to Jeff about me. But so far I've only seen maybe 3 that don't like the fact that I WANT to be involved in my husband's life and know what is going on with his job, so when he needs to talk to me I know what is going on. And yes, I know that I sometimes post something wacky, others do too, it's a way to relieve the tension that I can feel on the board. I want to give the guys a laugh so they can feel better and not be grouchy to their girlfriend or wife.

Again, if I get on your nerves that bad, just put me on ignore so you don't have to read anything I post.

Have a good day.

P.S. (of course) You doing the job to the best of your ability and taking pride in it isn't a bad thing at all. It's great that you do that. But as for me, I'll continue to worry about my husband that does go in and put in his 110% at work and then some, come home and I can see how tired he is and how he's working himself into a ground for a job that promised so much and has taken most of it away.

It's MY job to love him and worry about him.

good comments from both of you...TDW, you are a devoted companion, and I admire you for it...PD, you and I obviously share the same ideals about our company...But when someone posts an announcement on this, or any, public forum, especially one that is generated from an objective source (Ryder), who are any of us to decide what is truth or not..?? Are we questioning Ryder's ability to grade out carriers and hand out awards..?? I graciously accept the kudos from Ryder along side all my colleagues, including your husband, who should take a moment to be proud of the fact that he contributed to it...rules are rules, they are not all popular....many I don't like, but I live with them...If you want to make the rules, apply for the job...otherwise, try to appreciate the good things that take place here...there are still many....I am not brainwashed...I am realistic...God willing I get 15 more years to make it an even 30, and I intend to enjoy as much of it as possible..I highly recommend it..

That was MY mistake and one we could all learn from, hopefully and that is to read where the ad is coming from. A company that doesn't have a dog in the fight would be the best source. An article put out by PR from a company I have my doubts about and if I know some of the workings from within and they aren't jiving with what it put out there, then I'm cynical.

My main problem, I guess you can call it that, is trying to relieve daily pressures from my husband and go overboard with it sometimes. He works and I take care of everything else around here if at all possible.

My mom did it while my dad was OTR and I was brought up to do it.

My "overbearing" personality comes from having to :chairshot: my driver so he'll listen to me, get enough rest and know that I'm ALWAYS right. :funky:

A company IS what the people that work there make it. And how much stress a person has is up to that person, so keeping a positive attitude is a good way to relieve that stress.:1036316054:

good comments from both of you...TDW, you are a devoted companion, and I admire you for it...PD, you and I obviously share the same ideals about our company...But when someone posts an announcement on this, or any, public forum, especially one that is generated from an objective source (Ryder), who are any of us to decide what is truth or not..?? Are we questioning Ryder's ability to grade out carriers and hand out awards..?? I graciously accept the kudos from Ryder along side all my colleagues, including your husband, who should take a moment to be proud of the fact that he contributed to it...rules are rules, they are not all popular....many I don't like, but I live with them...If you want to make the rules, apply for the job...otherwise, try to appreciate the good things that take place here...there are still many....I am not brainwashed...I am realistic...God willing I get 15 more years to make it an even 30, and I intend to enjoy as much of it as possible..I highly recommend it..

tdw

well after reading your post i think i would stay on the dock like your driver and b-s with my buddys and laugh too. even if it meant working 14 hrs then helping on the dock off the clock when i got back.

:1036316054: Glad to know that your radar could zero in on a woman and insult her. Ever thought of going to M.A., Misogynist Anon? :smilie_132:

well after reading your post i think i would stay on the dock like your driver and b-s with my buddys and laugh too. even if it meant working 14 hrs then helping on the dock off the clock when i got back.

No, I'm not gullible, just optimistic and happy with my job. I'm also aware that no company is perfect.
I also see plenty of people that I work with that are down on Con-way and try to drag others along with them. What I don't need is outside people joining in, whether it be spouses who only get their information secondhand from an obviously unhappy employee, or people that just don't like Con-way for some other reason.
Just a side note. Maybe the TiredDrvr should look in a mirror and see if he's not bringing on some of this himself. I guess if you were actually present and involved at the terminal on a daily basis you would know the answer to that question.
So, if I'm ignored, so be it. You will continue to post and post and post. I will continue to work and be proud of the job I do and how I do it. I will also do what I can to ensure this company remains strong so that I can stay employed and retire as planned. I will also continue to not bother my wife when I get home with complaints about every miniscule thing that didn't go perfect for me that day. I'll just give her a hug, play with the kids or the dog, enjoy each other's company and leave any work issues at work for the most part.

Conway loves people like you...it gives them stepping stones to walk on through out the day...oh and you are very much a dying breed...one day you will realize this and smell the roses...but then, maybe not...

Careful there, you'll be accused of being a negative person, trampling on HIS company and if you aren't on the dock or in a truck daily for ConWay then you have no right to any opinion. :hide: :biglaugh:

........or does that just apply to wives? :whistling:

Conway loves people like you...it gives them stepping stones to walk on through out the day...oh and you are very much a dying breed...one day you will realize this and smell the roses...but then, maybe not...

Since part of the time I'm at his work picking him up, then I'm there laughing and joking around with the guys also. :1036316054:

Even tho grown, sometimes the "kids" need to borrow Mom's car or Dad's truck leaving us with just 1 vehicle between us. :1036316054:

I guess I would rather die this breed than to go through life with a "woe is me" outlook on everything...nobody has stepped on me in 15 years, and I have yet to see them step on anyone...I have walked along side alot of people through the years, though...time on this earth is way too short...and I don't like the smell of roses...more of a carnation guy myself...

Careful there, you'll be accused of being a negative person, trampling on HIS company and if you aren't on the dock or in a truck daily for ConWay then you have no right to any opinion. :hide: :biglaugh:

........or does that just apply to wives? :whistling:

I care not of what he or any other conway employee thinks of me...every terminal has at least one of his type...and the majority of us routinely laugh at them...one of ours just got popped for DUI the other day...did i laugh? hysterically...in order for this world of ours to spin..we need all types in it...some have values to offer society...others are for mere entertainment...you decide...i have.

I guess I would rather die this breed than to go through life with a "woe is me" outlook on everything...nobody has stepped on me in 15 years, and I have yet to see them step on anyone...I have walked along side alot of people through the years, though...time on this earth is way too short...and I don't like the smell of roses...more of a carnation guy myself...

That is a difference from the former CWX and CCX...i am not from here (east coast) i was hatched in your home state, i migrated here in 1999 (worse thing in my life, well maybe not as worse as re-marrying my ex, but we do not need to discuss that one :chairshot:)...trust me when i tell you these people out here are totally different then out west or even in the midwest...and with that will come conflicts when people like me attempt to blend in with people made from a complete different mold...it is even prevelant just between the east coast terminals...most of my work "buddies" come from XHG/XLF...not new england...i will spend more time with them at work then with guys from my own terminal...it is something one has to experience prior to making opinion on...maybe if i had stayed out west and hired on with conway, it would be a different ball game, as with what i read with people like you, it sure seems a different bowl of fruit then what is out here...

No one walks on me. I'm sorry your situation caused you to have such deep hatred for Con-way which may or may not be justified. As before, I just ask you not try to drag everyone else down into the cellar of despair with you. Also, don't speak down to or feel sorry for those of us who enjoy our jobs and look ahead to the future. If you honestly believe that people like me are a dying breed, then I guess this company is destined to be completely overrun by bitter, unhappy people who will put out little or no effort in their job. From what I can remember, though, you are off on W.C. and may not ever be able to come back, so you won't have to deal with all of this.

See? Not EVERYONE in CA is nuts! Well said Leftcoaster.:1036316054: