XPO | Con-way Inc. Achieves Highest Score for Fuel Efficiency and Environmental Performance

this IS a positive piece of news...sometimes, you just have to appreciate the good stuff...finding something negative about everything makes folks start to question your credibility...

I am convinced if there were a story where the entire Con-way organization collectively cured cancer, there would still be some whiner posting a negative comment about it.:hissyfit:
It's a simple PR campaign to try to improve our image and get more business.:duh: Why is the concept so hard to grasp?:shrug:

I love to hear and read of positive news. I have NOTHING against it.

The problem that comes from fudging the truth is that when the it comes out that there was some "misinformation" put out, the company loses credibility.

By all means, put out all of the positive information positive, show the customers dedicated workers that care for their customer base and you'll see a company that will stay alive for a long time, workers with a future and retirement.

I just worry about the backlash if any tiny piece of information is wrong. Always seems like the bad stuff is told on front page and retractions are on the last page, in tiny letters so no one ever finds out that a mistake was made with trashing a person/place/thing.

"If you are going to make a claim, be able to back it up" :1036316054:

We do need more ads, commercials and getting the name out there. We live in a smaller town and you'd be surprised at how many don't know the name of CSW/CSE/CW when I talk about where my driver works. Know how I identified the place for them? I said "you know the white trucks with the green wheels and trim?" I get that "Oh yeah, THEM".

The reason I'm leary of this ad is the fact that many have said that they use MORE fuel since the turning down of the trucks. And if that gets out, then where would the credibility of ConWay be?

And what if some snoop gets out there, researches this, tapes the black smoke boiling out of a ConWay truck that can't get up the hills out on interstate and then makes a stink out of it? He manages to find out that the fuel bill is higher at ConWay? (nothing is 100% safe).

You and I agree on getting the positive news out there, just make sure it's The Truth.

this IS a positive piece of news...sometimes, you just have to appreciate the good stuff...finding something negative about everything makes folks start to question your credibility...

In other words his limited vocabulary would cause him to go into brain overload if he tried to explain this in words fit for the years of his mother. (Read where Jeff said to keep language to where even your mother could read here) or something like that. :smilie_132: And then his attitude towards me would also get his hand slapped for breaking a rule. Gottcha :1036316054:

Just taking a stab i would say the profanity, mean spirited posts rules and so on...

In other words his limited vocabulary would cause him to go into brain overload if he tried to explain this in words fit for the years of his mother. (Read where Jeff said to keep language to where even your mother could read here) or something like that. :smilie_132: And then his attitude towards me would also get his hand slapped for breaking a rule. Gottcha :1036316054:

no just kinda of tired of people on the outside trying to get on the inside by being so damn negative. as far as bringing my mother into it leave her out of it she has heart problems. as far as my vocabulary goes alls i have to say is na na na boo boo !! i work at con-way dont you wish you could too !!??:hysterical::biglaugh

field fact is.. i drive a 2007 from new, 65 mph, I was getting between 6-6.45 per gal.
when they turned down the speed only i dropped down to 5.5-6 miles per.
two weeks ago the company came out with a campainge to reflash the E.C.M
well kids, i am back up to 6.25-6.5 per and this is on a nightly basis. also it pulls like it was
new too, so see boys and girl they are working on it.
please learn to accept change or they will not accept you
piece

Sounds like to me you are intolerant and need to head out. Sorry to see you go :smilie_132: Oh and I don't work there but I am a shareholder, quite a bit of shares in MY name, so I do have some say so :1036316054:

no just kinda of tired of people on the outside trying to get on the inside by being so damn negative. as far as bringing my mother into it leave her out of it she has heart problems. as far as my vocabulary goes alls i have to say is na na na boo boo !! i work at con-way dont you wish you could too !!??:hysterical::biglaugh

shareholder

Sounds like to me you are intolerant and need to head out. Sorry to see you go :smilie_132: Oh and I don't work there but I am a shareholder, quite a bit of shares in MY name, so I do have some say so :1036316054:

you say iam intollerant. then you end that sentence by saying i need to head out. you must be a shareholder with that kind of logic. congrats on the shares in your name. my wife will settle for something that sparkles.:smilie_132::funky:

you say iam intollerant. then you end that sentence by saying i need to head out. you must be a shareholder with that kind of logic. congrats on the shares in your name. my wife will settle for something that sparkles.:smilie_132::funky:
TDW just likes that avatar you got there.....