XPO | Con-way is now going to be a landlord of an apartment complex in Oregon?

It's a little odd, but Con-Way own the land already, and it's apparently in a good location. I would imagine they would look to sell it after it's built, rather than become landlords.

Is this land the same property where they closed the customer service center and outsourced the billing jobs to India??

Hey, I'll move there when hubby retires. I'll make them sorry they used the money on this *evil grin* Ya'll move your wives in also, I'm sure the Ladies Brigade will make'em sorry :clappy: :bananapartyhat: Hey, I can imagine that. wives all locked into the same building together..... :17142::438:

Is this land the same property where they closed the customer service center and outsourced the billing jobs to India??

I thought billing was done at the terminal.

It was the IT jobs ... also ...
has filed preliminary plans to build apartments on excess land it owns along Northwest 23rd Avenue.
and
The company owns 20 excess acres -- mostly parking lots -- around its offices near the on-ramp to the Fremont Bridge.

It would be better to develop the building/land into something making money then sell it. As long as renovations don't cost more than the building/land would sell for. They could at least get people leasing the apts first and have money coming in while the place is on the market.

It would be better to develop the building/land into something making money then sell it. As long as renovations don't cost more than the building/land would sell for. They could at least get people leasing the apts first and have money coming in while the place is on the market.

And if no one rents any of your space you have a big white elephant ...

I think they already created a white elephant when they sent the jobs overseas to people that don't speak English very well. People would pay a little extra and be able to understand CSR's than pay less and be hassled all of the time when it comes to their billing, questions, etc.

And if no one rents any of your space you have a big white elephant ...

I think they already created a white elephant when they sent the jobs overseas to people that don't speak English very well. People would pay a little extra and be able to understand CSR's than pay less and be hassled all of the time when it comes to their billing, questions, etc.

We can go really deep with Conway white elephants .... this is just a start with the IT jobs ...:mf_swordfight: :wavey: