XPO | con way tl to launch ltl lanes

With the True LTL program we are now the Sales force for Truckload. We cut the rates, we pickup the freight, we load it onto Truckload, or other purchase carriers trailers, they take from Service Center to Service Center, then we deliver it. I'm sure there are occasions when they deliver it. So lets recap. We use our Sales people, our local drivers, our dockworkers, and they drive. We get most of the expense and very little of the revenue. If any.
Some "Chicken Little Survivors" have been hit in the head a few times from falling pieces and just don't realize what's going on around them. Sir, how's the cut in pay, no pension, frozen 401k, stolen vacation, and outsourcing of 1000's of jobs working out for you?

still putting food on my table, clothes on the family, paying our medical bills, and the 401... thank you for asking, recovering remarkably well with the company stock outperforming most all others in the market.

it's a job and they (Con-Way) are my employer and I do what I hope my kids have learned from me, do it right the first time and with character. With over 20 years with the company I have earned in excess of one million dollars of income. So you would have me believe I owe them nothing but my presence five days a week? Do you send your kids to school and instill in them that all they have to do is show up? Now that Junior is in high school things are harder than last year and he has to apply himself more, or does he?

oh, and I don't know where your vacation went but I will still enjoy everyday this year and next that I have earned.

Unfortunately, more and more employees do not trust what corporate sez. I don't know why.

Its an 'honesty' and 'integrity' thing...after you have been snowballed x amount of times one gets a little leery...just like in the last video...

speaking of which...did anybody notice when Brucie' was speaking of the VTT no DSRs were mentioned a playing a viable force when all those good folks in all those depts were named?....LSS Blackbelts were named in the last few weeks...no DSRs named in that group either...

The largest group of folks in this enchanted world known as Con-Way have been left out....

I just love working here...just need to get rid of a few and things will be good once again!...

Rat

still putting food on my table, clothes on the family, paying our medical bills, and the 401... thank you for asking, recovering remarkably well with the company stock outperforming most all others in the market.

it's a job and they (Con-Way) are my employer and I do what I hope my kids have learned from me, do it right the first time and with character. With over 20 years with the company I have earned in excess of one million dollars of income. So you would have me believe I owe them nothing but my presence five days a week? Do you send your kids to school and instill in them that all they have to do is show up? Now that Junior is in high school things are harder than last year and he has to apply himself more, or does he?

oh, and I don't know where your vacation went but I will still enjoy everyday this year and next that I have earned.

First of all, with over 20 years with the company i would guess you have seen plenty change. I dont know where youre from but around my parts 20 year veterans are highly upset over the changes in the last 3 or so years. I would consider the 20+ year guys in my area very diverse when it comes to what they would complain about. Some complain about anything, others are pretty stoic or just downright cheerful on a regular basis, but they are all upset over the changes, past and present. My question to you would be, "what makes you so different?"

I congratulate you on your tenure and loyalty to the company, its a rare thing in this day and age. Do you think the company(Con-Way) recipricates the sentiment?

Tewnty five days of "paid time off" disappeared on me. That amounts to about $5,000, straight out of my pocket. Company says we won't miss it until we leave the company. I say by then it would have been worth even more. :ranting2:

I feel that they will be using them for 2-day service. No more daytime line-haul and no more meet and turns. Having and getting more part-time dock workers, it only makes sense. Why would the company buy CFI in the first place!