FedEx Freight | confused about policy

In 15 years I could probably count my un-excused uccurances on one hand. It bothered me the first couple times when I had to sign the paper. Thought it was underhanded way to treat a dependable employee.

Had words with them couple times over it. Always the same thing.
"Doesn't mean anything".
"Don't worry about it".
"Just a way to keep a record of absences".

Another one of those policies where they can't just pinpoint the problem employees.
In court the fired employee who missed countless days would come out and say
"That guy missed work and they didn't say anything to him".

I looked it up and could not find a definition for accuriance.

I think you were looking for this word????

Legal Dictionary

Main Entry: oc·cur·rence
Function: noun
: something that takes place; especially : an accident, event, or continuing condition that causes personal or property damage that is unintended or unexpected from the standpoint of an insured party making a claim

:1036316054::1036316054:

Come on River, we all knew what he thinks he said he meant.

I'm not sure what we have now, but before the merger of the east and west we had 5 sick days a year. If we didn't use them we would get a check once a year. We also got 3 personal days. If your off for more than three days you need a doctors note before you can come back to work. It does seem a little strange they offer these benefits, then when you go to use them you need an excuse. TP

I've got an idea...honor your commitments and show up for work. I can count on one hand how many days I have missed. Been with AF/FedEx for 12 years.

I've got an idea...honor your commitments and show up for work. I can count on one hand how many days I have missed. Been with AF/FedEx for 12 years.

That goes both ways. The company needs to honor commitment too.You need off for personal time for a important thing like a doctors app. and you get the big no or yes but you get a point. So what is the since of personal time if you can't get it. At our barn if you are on medical leave they loop you in the percentage of people off even though the run is covered. So if 4 drivers or on med leave and the are only allowed 10 people off that day,that means only 6 can take off or call off with no points.Oh buy they way figure your vacation out if you have 15 years you get 13.33 hours a month. Do the math your short the 4 weeks they say you have.=159.96 is not a 160 so commitment?17 years with the company

Last edited by a moderator:
:stirthepot: It depends on your CSM. We had a driver select a bunch of days to take off for his boys football games. He called in one Friday and was told they needed him to work but he had been up all day so he told them it was the ops supv fault as he gave him a list of all the days he wanted to take off and he wasn't coming to work with no sleep. Less than a week later I missed 2 days work due to a rootcanal on one tooth and having another one pulled. When I came back to work the CSM had me sign my john hancock to a piece of paper for an unexcused absence. I asked him wasn't our personal days suppose to be like sick days and he said yes but according to company policy you have to give them 7 days advanced notice when you are going to be sick in order to not get nailed for this violation. I thought he was pulling my leg so I called HRO and was told the same thing by the HR person. I asked her how are you suppose to know when you are going to be sick 7days in advance and she just replied thats the company policy. Our current CSM will let you take days without pay if you so desire as long as they don't need you for your bid run.