Yellow | Considering YRC

Best of luck to you in your decision, the atmosphere is toxic with a sour workforce. Most people wanted to stay when there was pride here now it is about just show up and do my job and leave. Maybe and I do mean maybe this place does get itself together and becomes what it once was but I doubt it. Right now we're a turd in a punch bowl at a party.:17113:

Wait???? Don't leave yet!!!! I am sure we have more info for you$$$

I think many hang around because there main concern is supporting their families.
That is true, and many don't like change to step out the box. There are those that think its not that bad coming to work here under the current work conditions. Bottom line is if you bargain in good faith you take care of the people who are the glue that holds this thing together. Yet YRC has continually pulled the thread that holds the fabric in place in my own opinion. They are so delusional that they can't even do what they are trying to do right.

I have never seen or even heard of a work environment where so many people hate there job. The average age of a YRC driver is 56 years old and are mostly all short-timers. I used to laugh at real 'company butt-kisser types' but where I work every single person hates it and thinks its a circus....even the supervisor. No company-men , just a bunch of people in a mad grab for themselves and I truthfully cant blame them.[/QUOTE , YES That is really the truth of the way it is , yrc has broke the driver's pride after rounds of givebacks , even the brown-nose hero's don't care any more , and yes even the supervisor's don't care any more , pretty much anybody is tried of being the whipping boy for yrc !!!!!

Thank you all. A lot of good information. I applied to some other carriers. I am going into the interview with a lot more knowledge than I had. God Bless You

Truthfully just trying to help you. I cant say other carriers will be roses but this horror show we deal with daily can really get old quick. Its one thing to be currently stuck in it, but to voluntarily start....keep looking.

Thank you all. A lot of good information. I applied to some other carriers. I am going into the interview with a lot more knowledge than I had. God Bless You

Best of luck Jonathan62.....Us old farts will not steer you wrong....this ain't the place for a younger man to step in to anymore....sorry to say that....but it is.....KK