TForce | contract:::company wants

UPS Freight : Careers
Also here and many other places on the web.
The company will be able to say these trucks are not subcontractors, they are ups freight employees that are based out of Richmond.
Read and look over the NEW contract close.

well well well here we are with a tentitive agreement...what a surprise to see page 30 article 44 on subcontracting .... does that answer your questions.

tell me its not so... Article 44 subcontracting ...lets not forget the Line Haul Driver position of this contract , (because it dont apply to us road drivers0 awww last but not least the ZONE Addendum page 37 is interesting. but I really like page 38 #2 vendor may be used to cover employees absences so what, we now face ZONE nad LHD wooooooo

I think some people owe wildfire an apology including a moderator of this forum. That is what forums are for to come on and put your opinion out there for people to see, take it for what its worth, it is up to the individual to believe it or not. to put somebody down for what they say especially when it ends up coming true make you look foolish especially when you put them down because of how many posts he has. what does that have to do with anything? if someone says they can't put there source out there cause somebody may get in trouble again for what it's worth believe it or not its up to you. OK I'm done for I don't have many posts either and I'm tired of going back and trying to fix this tap to speak crap. lol I thought this technology was supposed to make things easier. lol MAN

We already have road drivers and do not need another line-haul classification and another seniority list.

Because they drive for 43 cents a mile. Teams split 22 cents a mile. Now knowing UPS like we all do now. Who is going to grow the most. This new contract keeps the contract carrier issue the same. I would almost pay to go to the union haul meeting to see if they can keep a straight face. You do know that this is our truck load division?

Because they drive for 43 cents a mile. Teams split 22 cents a mile. Now knowing UPS like we all do now. Who is going to grow the most. This new contract keeps the contract carrier issue the same. I would almost pay to go to the union haul meeting to see if they can keep a straight face. You do know that this is our truck load division?

Sure sounds like our truck load division. I was making this "wonderful" line haul driver wage in 1992-93. UPS is expecting people are going to be jumping at these jobs that pay like it's 1992 all over again. And our "union" lays down and agrees to it. I didn't think our contract could possibly get worse. I was wrong.

When I came to UPS Freight I thought I was making the best decision of my driving career. Now I am not so sure. Let's see how the vote turns out. The union is certainly pushing their press releases hard to all the media outlets trying to sell this as if its a done deal. Like I said before, we'll see if the teamster brotherhood is for real or just rhetoric? Once we have the vote, I'll have the answer to my question.

Is this not what happened to Consolidated Freight. That non- union company grew and the union company went to pasture. Make sure your standing straight up and not bending over.When your B/A starts tellng you.. This is a good contract (you dont get the big picture) ...

From my understanding the truckload guys are going to be part time drivers any run they have that is consistent is suppose to go to the competition committee to see if the run is consistent enough to move a line haul driver into it. Also if any of us get bumped down to it we are suppose to keep our pay and benefits until getting another line haul position. As far as the pay for the LHD it is really good for TL companies and the fact that they are home at least 1 to 2 days a week will get more of them to bite. I do believe they will have to join the union though I don't see any writing saying they could be non union. And they did put some new language in about the sub contracting and the benefits premium does go down. As for how I will vote I will continue to do my research and go to the contract reading next Sunday. My big complaint right now is from my understanding I'm gonna be stuck in my sub rate pay for another year until I hit top rate and if I'm reading it right it looks like guys hired on after 8-1-13 will be making almost as much if not more then me until I hit top rate next August.

From my understanding the truckload guys are going to be part time drivers any run they have that is consistent is suppose to go to the competition committee to see if the run is consistent enough to move a line haul driver into it. Also if any of us get bumped down to it we are suppose to keep our pay and benefits until getting another line haul position. As far as the pay for the LHD it is really good for TL companies and the fact that they are home at least 1 to 2 days a week will get more of them to bite. I do believe they will have to join the union though I don't see any writing saying they could be non union. And they did put some new language in about the sub contracting and the benefits premium does go down. As for how I will vote I will continue to do my research and go to the contract reading next Sunday. My big complaint right now is from my understanding I'm gonna be stuck in my sub rate pay for another year until I hit top rate and if I'm reading it right it looks like guys hired on after 8-1-13 will be making almost as much if not more then me until I hit top rate next August.

Truckload part time?
No way, they will be running their asses off and linehaul road drivers will sit by the phone, and yes truckload LHS will be dues paying members, after all, it's all about the dues...not the members best interest!

If we let this lhd thing into the contract, they will take over and that will be the future of our company.

Talk about rose colored glasses. I don't want to offend you but really...

They get the new LHD out into the system, they will be running all over us. Man in motion, I'm sure you all know that term. They will be coming back from the motel and be pulling loads all over the place. Then going to bed again. It may start as a run on an irregular route. They are not gonna return to where they came from empty. So be ready to starve as this "new hire" program gains momentum.