Yellow | Contract in 2013

dokman

TB Veteran
Credits
I know that we YRC and subsidiaries wont be voting on 2013 contract but have a few questions?

1. Will ABF and the few others be the only ones negotiating next NMFA contract in 2013.
2. Will YRC be given what ABF gets in 2015?
3. Will ABF have any power to strike if needed?
4. Will YRC and ABF ever get back on same cycle of contract dates.
5. Will there be two NMFA contracts from here on out?

These are just a few questions I asked our BA and he was puzzled as to my question with no good answer.
This is in my view a way to break the union up, if we dont negotiate together we will be seperated for good.
ABF should get the raise that YRC got for 2013 2014 and all of us go at it in 2015 or YRC should be allowed to be in talks so we get back on cycle with ABF in 2015.

There are NO good answers to your questions. #1 yes, #2 no, #3 yes, #4 not likely, and #5 there is no NMFA anymore.

This is in my view a way to break the union up, if we dont negotiate together we will be seperated for good.
ABF should get the raise that YRC got for 2013 2014 and all of us go at it in 2015 or YRC should be allowed to be in talks so we get back on cycle with ABF in 2015.
So what you are saying is that all the yrc employees that voted for the last agreement in effect broke up the union?( yes that is a completely loaded question)

Hoffa put an end to the National Master Freight Agreement when he agreed to a seperate contract for UPS Freight.
Negative. ABF chose to negotiate their own contract..it was later overturned. No decision yet but..
Until 2007, ABF belonged to Trucking Management, the industry bargaining unit that negotiated the National Master Freight Agreement with the Teamsters union.
It broke with TMI to pursue its own contract, but signed an interim contract or "me-too" agreement with terms that were essentially identical to the NMFA in 2008.
Judge Called ABF, YRC Teamster Contracts Separate | Journal of Commerce

That is the first post you ever made that made any sense.
how would you know about having sense? You don't have any

Are you trying to start something AGAIN?

:biglaugh: Who me? no. The man asked if 'Will ABF have any power to strike if needed?' I think it's a good question. If ABF takes a hard line on being the highest cost carrier on the planet they may be asking instead of giving come 2013. If so I doubt T Johnson will ask for strike authorization. What say you?

I think a strike would not be the first step in coming to an agreement that would benefit both parties. I could almost see an extension of the current contract until 2015 where as to help our YRC Brothers in keeping a NMFA. There is in my opinion many avenues that can be taken. But I am digging my FOX HOLE JUST IN CASE! YOUR K RATION EATING BROTHER ALWAYS!

question 1 abf negotiates on its own--- and they are already greasing us in their own sly way about the high costs they have because they dont get a concession
question 2 no way--- you guys are seperate from us from now on --- thank the hoffa administration for that one
question 3 replace the word power with balls please and the answer is ARE YOU KIDDING ME but seriously think about it -- if we strike you guys have a valid SEPERATE contract so you will work and vice versa there is NO power left in freight and the trucking companies know this and so do the teamsters. remember we represent about 1% of the ibt we are a dinosaur and the hoffa administration will throw us out like last nights trash.
question 4 no way --- they may be competitors for business but believe me they work hand in hand to help each screw us
question 5 same question asked already just different words here but the answer remains the same -- you can bet on it

question 3 replace the word power with balls please and the answer is ARE YOU KIDDING ME but seriously think about it -- if we strike you guys have a valid SEPERATE contract so you will work and vice versa there is NO power left in freight and the trucking companies know this and so do the teamsters. <----- this paragraph is quoting stillno2abf. I clicked the wrong button.

We'd have this problem if none of this ever happened to YRC. ABF, YRC, New Penn and Holland all go on strike, UPS Freight has to keep working. They're under a seperate contract that doesn't even expire on the same year. As I said, Hoffa destroyed the NMFA when he gave UPS Freight a seperate contract.

:biglaugh: Who me? no. The man asked if 'Will ABF have any power to strike if needed?' I think it's a good question. If ABF takes a hard line on being the highest cost carrier on the planet they may be asking instead of giving come 2013. If so I doubt T Johnson will ask for strike authorization. What say you?

Just wondering who he will "delegate" that responsibility to??? :1036316054:

I hope you all know that the days of going on strike for either company mentioned are in the past.

NMFA is over!
Each man for himself!
Why do you think YRC/IBT negotiated a 2 year extension till 2015?
By the way, WE, as Teamsters, are only powerful as ONE group.
Now that we are divided, and each contract is voted on separately by each company, a "strike" vote only means death to the union employee.

I know that we YRC and subsidiaries wont be voting on 2013 contract but have a few questions?

1. Will ABF and the few others be the only ones negotiating next NMFA contract in 2013.
2. Will YRC be given what ABF gets in 2015?
3. Will ABF have any power to strike if needed?
4. Will YRC and ABF ever get back on same cycle of contract dates.
5. Will there be two NMFA contracts from here on out?

These are just a few questions I asked our BA and he was puzzled as to my question with no good answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you all know that the days of going on strike for either company mentioned are in the past.
I don't completely agree. We as Teamster have to always have the threat of striking in our arsenal. Now if you ask do I believe that a national strike could be in our near future I would say no. But if we allow our ability to strike to be taken away then we will as in the last couple of years see what has been happening to yrc TEAMSTERS as the norm.
But if you ask me if I thought that a ROLLING STRIKE could be possible my answer would be yes.
Look BROTHERS things in this life are not free as many of us know. If we allow ourselves to be pushed around we will fall into a state of what you see many at yrc experiencing now the DOOM AND GLOOM of their every working day.
But if we stick together and come up with good hard core answers we will be OK. There are those that try to split us because we no longer make the same pay and benefits but we can not allow this.We as a whole have gotten to where we were by standing together.
If you ask do I think we have a big fight on our hands? DAMN STRAIGHT I DO!
But who better to fight it than we the TEAMSTER RANK AND FILE! Our biggest obstacle is the fact that many of the younger TEAMSTERS have never had to endure the putting it all on the line struggle before and they will need BROTHERS that have lived it to help show them the way.
No this is not a video game BROTHERS it is the real thing. And when your are destroyed in this real game of life it is FOR REAL. BUT when you win in the real game of life it is a very rewarding thing to do so with THOUSANDS OF YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS!
I am not saying it will be easy but we will WIN TOGETHER or we will sink ALONE! YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!