Yellow | Contract in 2013

How long is 'a long time ago'? Is 18 years ago a 'long time ago'? The last costly disaster teamster strike?
now you just hand over your pension and money without a strike. they are going to keep taking until they are told no.

It depends on what economic cycle, how profitable the company and how much work you have. Unions thrive in economic booms..die in recessions. Take AT&T and Verizon..huge, unionized and profitable in wireless but the land-line end of it is losing money and they are slow. AT&T will be looking for big givebacks in pension, etc, big increase in health co-pays in next contract. Ditto Verizon. YRC is not out of the woods but more concessions are not in the cards. Unless we have a boom cycle soon where everyone is working and hiring..YRC will be sucking air.

On the other hand Hostess, in big financial trouble employees like 19,000 teamsters. They want new work rules (not a strike issue) they want to eliminate the pension permanently. Definitely a strike issue

"We as Teamster have to always have the threat of striking in our arsenal" not true Mr. Muler Uncle Ron gave it away in 1994 and Uncle JIm got it back for a price im sure in 1998 or around there

"We as Teamster have to always have the threat of striking in our arsenal" not true Mr. Muler Uncle Ron gave it away in 1994 and Uncle JIm got it back for a price im sure in 1998 or around there

Are you sure you know what you're talking about?

UPS Strike: Package Deal | PBS NewsHour | Aug. 19, 1997 | PBS
"UPS workers will return to work after a painful 15-day strike that affected mail delivery throughout the United States. The Teamsters Union won many of the bargaining points. 10,000 part-time jobs will become full-time positions and the union will maintain control of the pension funds."

That is not correct. Ron Carey struck UPS. It was not him that gave it away. As a matter of fact it is and has always been addressed in our contract. I do not get into the TDU argument. I myself am not a fan of JPH. I have seen what he has allowed and it is not the direction I wanted the Teamsters to follow. But I am but just one Teamster and I must accept what the majority vote. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

Didn't jph and hall give up on enforcing the 10,000 jobs that was to got to the part timers. That is what I remember. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

You are mistaken. I do believe that what you are referring to is the right to strike an employer if they refuse to abide by a grievance decision. Jimmy the Great made a big deal about that in 1998 with his "We got the hammer back" speech. When was the last time a strike was called in such a situation? When was the last time it was even threatened to resolve such a situation?