ABF | Contract negotiation updates

BA was in today. He thinks they’re currently caught up on wages. Told us the first offer was supposed to be done by last week. Not optimistic about any hourly rate above 30. Telling us we make $46/hr now. Mentioned conference call with Yellow was encouraging that the IBT stood strong over there.

BA was in today. He thinks they’re currently caught up on wages. Told us the first offer was supposed to be done by last week. Not optimistic about any hourly rate above 30. Telling us we make $46/hr now. Mentioned conference call with Yellow was encouraging that the IBT stood strong over there.
What do you mean by currently caught up on wages ?

Your BA may or may not have heard something, but unless he is on the negotiating committee, chances are good that what he told you is an “opinion” only. My business agent as well as 1FVettes local president is on the negotiating committee. That committee is under a gag order to say nothing until there is a contract ready to present. I am tight with my BA, and he has told me not to even ask about any info.
That being said, if the offer is not at least a $3.50 to $4.00 per hour bump the first year, I don’t think it will ever pass. But that is just my “opinion”!!!
A $4.00 an hour bump would cost the company roughly $70 to 75 million a year based on a 40-hour week ($4.00p/h X 2080-hours X 8400-employees). Adding two dollars per hour to the pension/Health&Welfare contribution would cost them another $35 million per year. Bear in mind that ABF’s operating income for 2021 was $260 million followed with a $381 million operating income for 2022.

At Yellow terminals we are seen an increase of freight flow, forcing all CDL holders to P & D and other shuttling bids here in the west...
:kicking:
Expecting another 20% of increasing freight flow by the end of June.
Bad news BROTHER !! Party’s over .

Your BA may or may not have heard something, but unless he is on the negotiating committee, chances are good that what he told you is an “opinion” only. My business agent as well as 1FVettes local president is on the negotiating committee. That committee is under a gag order to say nothing until there is a contract ready to present. I am tight with my BA, and he has told me not to even ask about any info.
That being said, if the offer is not at least a $3.50 to $4.00 per hour bump the first year, I don’t think it will ever pass. But that is just my “opinion”!!!
A $4.00 an hour bump would cost the company roughly $70 to 75 million a year based on a 40-hour week ($4.00p/h X 2080-hours X 8400-employees). Adding two dollars per hour to the pension/Health&Welfare contribution would cost them another $35 million per year. Bear in mind that ABF’s operating income for 2021 was $260 million followed with a $381 million operating income for 2022.
I wonder if UE's position still pay $1hour more or if that changed. Because i have a UE position in 063. Running to 064

Rumors are $3.50 up front, 2 more sick days, MLK day off. The raises are like 60 cents a year with one of the years being a $1. All I have been able to get.
3.50 and .60 is likely a no vote for me......24.41 in 2012 would be 31.68 in today's dollars....so anything that doesn't get me close to that with yearly raises of at least a dollar is a no...

Rumors are $3.50 up front, 2 more sick days, MLK day off. The raises are like 60 cents a year with one of the years being a $1. All I have been able to get.
Real Quote. Leak out to 063. Is $3.50 up front, 75 cents a year after ,, 2 more sick days, MLK day off. Vacation for hourly employees changed to road driver equation. They go back 1 year for gross pay, divide it by 52 weeks. Vacation pay weekly is your average weekly pay. H@W Benefits fully paid for. Pension in Central States region fully paid for. Frozen for the next 5 years at same pay. $68.50 day for each day punch. Do to the Goverment bail out money for Central States Pension. All companies that pay into Pension. Has to stay at same pay in rates.