XPO | ConWay driving schools?

You both are right, and I know that this goes on. Why do you think that is.? There are some good theories out there, but here are some that I know of for sure from speaking to graduates who left us, in no particular order:

1. I got tired of being "on call", I needed a more steady start time.
2. There are too many negative people and I got tired of listening to it.
3. ABC company pays better.
4. ABC company offered me P&D right away.
5. Too many rules to remember, everyone is too strict.

Wh

You are going to find 2. & 5. at most any job.

The core driver for making guys leave is 3 & 4.

ABC company may pay the same or even less, but they will pay you $19-20hr, 40+ hrs/week NOW versus $18.10, irregular hours and start times with the promise of top scale 5 years in the future.

Their equipment will likely be newer and/or more driver freindly with A/C, 10 speed and a (GASP!) Radio. Heck if you have a regular bid ride you can even put your own cheapo radio in the dash!

Until the benefit "enhancements" of last year CW could claim that they pay less per hour but make it up with the bennies.

You make good points, but where the benefits package is concerned, the problem is squarely due to the rising costs of medical services and products, and it really is out of control. The company must still function as a profitable entity to stay in business and have folks investing in our business, so you have to draw a line somewhere. Have the recent "enhancements" been hard to swallow? Absolutely. Necessary. yes.
The hiring part, if the SCM is smart and putting people on as needed, should allow for folks to get a regular work week. If people are not getting the time, the service center is overstaffed. Like it or not, the adjustments must be made.

Having the right number of DSRs to keep everyone busy is hard.

What is just right in Jan has everyone working 60+ hour weeks in July. If you are staffed up in July come next Jan you are going to have the bottom guys leaving for lack of hours.

You are very right. But there are other factors. There is a responsibility by the SCM and AEs to grow the business so you can grow your staff along side of it and not have people killin' themselves at 60 hrs a week. If you are not anticipating good growth, then make sure you have a situation where only a few are sitting home in January and February and be staffed for the "season", March thru December.