XPO | Cost-of-living Raise

rx2yU9b.jpg

I was told yesterday yes. There will be a raise but not until later in the summer. I’ll guess September since that’s when summer officially ends.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out out over the next couple years. A bonus here and cola in September instead of now. Maybe another right after that .Hmmm

Sounds like we’re gonna get $500 bonus in place of a cola that we typically get this time of year. With raise possibility coming in September? Annual pay increase late into the year ? Sounds like their buying time to see what happens with the economy. Maybe there just trying to quell discontent of possibly not getting a annual pay raise. Is it what it is or is it really just a band aid .

Master salesman

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see how this plays out out over the next couple years. A bonus here and cola in September instead of now. Maybe another right after that .Hmmm

Sounds like we’re gonna get $500 bonus in place of a cola that we typically get this time of year. With raise possibility coming in September? Annual pay increase late into the year ? Sounds like their buying time to see what happens with the economy. Maybe there just trying to quell discontent of possibly not getting a annual pay raise. Is it what it is or is it really just a band aid .

Master salesman
Really nothing new though.

I didn't ask for it, but I sure ain't gonna turn it down either.

Handing out bonuses and raises and then announcing big (imo) layoffs the same week just sends a weird message...or is this normal?

We knew the layoffs were coming. Freight is way down. No surprise.

We had no idea we would get a bonus and a raise. Fully expected a pay cut and worse, honestly.

The last several years have been nothing but profits. And it seems all we did was lose stuff. And now we hit a wall and Jacobs starts handing out money ? Something ain't right. The cake is a lie.

Remember , these are furloughs not layoffs.

A furlough is an employer-mandated, temporary unpaid leave from work, which employers typically resort to as a cost-saving measure. The specific terms of a furlough depend on where you work. During this leave, you’ll likely retain your health-insurance benefits, though that’s not guaranteed.

How is it different from a layoff?

If you are furloughed, you technically retain your job, whereas if you’re laid off, you are no longer employed at your job. However, furloughed workers still typically qualify for unemployment benefits, which have expanded under the $2 trillion coronavirus relief package.

As much as things are changing, day by day, by the summer, who knows how things will be looking then. If I was a betting man, I would bet we won’t see a raise this year, seeing how XPO will be reporting a loss financially.

Remember , these are furloughs not layoffs.

A furlough is an employer-mandated, temporary unpaid leave from work, which employers typically resort to as a cost-saving measure. The specific terms of a furlough depend on where you work. During this leave, you’ll likely retain your health-insurance benefits, though that’s not guaranteed.

How is it different from a layoff?

If you are furloughed, you technically retain your job, whereas if you’re laid off, you are no longer employed at your job. However, furloughed workers still typically qualify for unemployment benefits, which have expanded under the $2 trillion coronavirus relief package.
True, but check with your state laws, regarding this.

Master salesman
We knew the layoffs were coming. Freight is way down. No surprise.

We had no idea we would get a bonus and a raise. Fully expected a pay cut and worse, honestly.

The last several years have been nothing but profits. And it seems all we did was lose stuff. And now we hit a wall and Jacobs starts handing out money ? Something ain't right. The cake is a lie.
It's a CYA moment for Jacobs because we are being put at a higher risk than usual just for doing our jobs. As much as I appreciate the gesture, it's also a form of litigation control on their part.