Yellow | CSPF Proposal Of Deep Cuts For Some

Why the "Vote No" mantra? We have no say. The Treasury Dept will override the vote. It is going to happen. Plan on it, plan for it!
Hoosierky, you are right. I guess some do not want to bow down to this pension cut even if it is necessary. They want the Treasury to have to do the dirty work of placing us on the bread line. If I was to be led to the chopping block, I sure a hell would not chop my own head off. I would make the assigned head chopper do it. I will never ask anyone to vote no on this because we really do not know what the end result is. I want to force the head chopper to do me, so if this plan does not work, then it is the treasury's fault not mine. I am not in control of anymore than my vote.

I just went to Central website and my understanding of it is if we vote it down the government can still over ride our vote but I'm still voting NO NO on it.
If we vote it down, not only can the treasury dept override the vote, they can ammend the plan to their liking.

The 100% NO vote would be making a political statement to those who allowed this to happen. .....KK
I agree KK, as long as the voter realizes that fact. I will be voting no, but figuring on working until the end.
Think of it as it is: Another fraudulent Teamster vote.

Anyone know if there is a orphan list out there telling on what company quit paying?
Had a meeting this morning at the Local. In the packet they gave us it included the orphan list. About 600 companies that were in CSPF and left without paying the liability. Some companies that I thought would be on there were not listed as they paid their liability before going out or in bankruptcy. Either way, it is an eye opening list.

Had a meeting this morning at the Local. In the packet they gave us it included the orphan list. About 600 companies that were in CSPF and left without paying the liability. Some companies that I thought would be on there were not listed as they paid their liability before going out or in bankruptcy. Either way, it is an eye opening list.
is it any different than the one on the pension web site ?

JWy5Met.jpg

Teamster pension fund. There's a sucker born every minute.

Who did you work for and how many years total did you put in?
24.9 was the figure they had on the statement from cspf.That was up to dec 2014. Actually have closer to 27yrs but lost close to two years when they when they stopped paying 2009 -2011.All but seven years come from yrc. But my previous employer is still in business and still contributes to cspf.So I m not a Tier 1(orphan) participant

We do get to vote on the matter but,it has already been stated that the treasury
department has the final say.I don't think anyone will vote yes excfman.I am
terribly sorry for your situation,I am a x C.F also. At this point prayers will do us
much better than any vote. The only solution I see to make the retirees whole is
a government bailout for the fund. They did it for Wall Street and G.M , but the blue collar workers in our country aren't their priority. Their campaign speeches are all blabber
to get our votes. Good luck brother.
Falcon it's not so much the situation for me as I'm afraid it will be for others next year. Let face it most of us are in our in sixty's and better and know one is knocking the doors down to hire any of us.Being a Wal-Mart employee at our age is not something to look forward to.

Falcon it's not so much the situation for me as I'm afraid it will be for others next year. Let face it most of us are in our in sixty's and better and know one is knocking the doors down to hire any of us.Being a Wal-Mart employee at our age is not something to look forward to.
Well said... I'm pushing sixty. Wore out from being in the LTL business for 30 years and NO ONE will hire a broke down old man when they can get two 21 year Olds for the same price! Wage.
Sad.