XPO | CSR’s told do not take pick up requests from yrc docks.

upnorth

TB Veteran
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
A large number of customers trying to get us to pick up their shipments from yrc owned docks. csr’s told not to take these pickup requests.

YRC owned docks? As in going to their barn to grab freight? No thanks. I wouldn’t want to put myself in that situation regardless.
Why I pick up stuff from xpo, OD, ward & Yellow. We have FedEx pick up at our dock from time to time. The workers know it’s not you causing this situation, a lot of the stuff I pick up are re-routes or a customer that the carrier doesn’t want to deal with…..

Picked up at a yrc dock once. Was there for over an hour for 1 pallet that probably didn’t even weigh 200 lbs. The place was filthy. I get it, it’s a freight dock, but it was truly disgusting.
Our dock is filthy. The dust is a 1/2 inch thick in places. Lol

Picked up at a yrc dock once. Was there for over an hour for 1 pallet that probably didn’t even weigh 200 lbs. The place was filthy. I get it, it’s a freight dock, but it was truly disgusting.

Lol…I remember in the mid 1990’s, while driving for Red Star Express, I had to pick up a crate at a New Penn terminal.
You could eat off of the floor on the dock.
I asked the dispatcher what’s going on with the dock, New Penn must be getting ready to paint or epoxy it perhaps..?!!
The dispatcher jammed his finger in my face and gleefully proclaimed
“ It’s like that every god damn day driver!!”

Lol…I remember in the mid 1990’s, while driving for Red Star Express, I had to pick up a crate at a New Penn terminal.
You could eat off of the floor on the dock.
I asked the dispatcher what’s going on with the dock, New Penn must be getting ready to paint or epoxy it perhaps..?!!
The dispatcher jammed his finger in my face and gleefully proclaimed
“ It’s like that every god damn day driver!!”
Baltimore had a sweeper they would ride around on and clean the dock..