R&L | cutting and saving the company money

Daycab6

TB Lurker
Credits
Ok I have a idea lets save the company money by cutting all these Bonus checks these service center managers get every week and month or give them pride points like they give us. I have not gotten any yet and I do not want any, you cannot pay bills with them and I have yet to find a gas station that will let me use them. We are always told that we should not get bonuses for doing our job, thats what a paycheck is. And while we are at it lets pay the combo drivers the same as everyone else, we do the same job as everybody else , if you want cheap labor bring up some divers from mexico then you can pay them even less.:17113:

$500.00 x 4000 drivers is 2 million dollars, not twenty million...I agree with daycab6 give the TM's "PRECIOUS PRIDE POINTS"[QUOTE=big cheese II;26320]Did you say cut the drivers yearly bonus checks ? lets see , example $500 x 4000 drivers. that would be 20 million a year.[/QUOTE]

Big cheese,you just showed your self with that comment.Only a supervisor or someone in management would come out with that comment.

Did you say cut the drivers yearly bonus checks ? lets see , example $500 x 4000 drivers. that would be 20 million a year.

why would you take away a $500 safety bonus away from a driver? are you that out of it? that 500 is only given if you go a full year without a chargeable accident, what message are you putting out by taking that away? and 20 million?????? how about trying out a calculator-
i agree 1000% with daycab6. these performance bonus that these tm's are getting are actually hurting the companies bottom line, because that is ALL that alot of them care about, and therefore they are making sure that the terminals are reaching those goals first, and everything else (pick ups pick ups pick ups) is getting pushed on the back burner. at my terminal, we could miss 15 pick ups in a day(just throwing out a number), but that wont even be mentioned if we have more than 5 total returns. am i totally wrong, or shouldnt a terminals pick ups be at least as important(really should be more) as deliveries??? you already have that money for the deliveries pretty much guaranteed(minus damages or probs), why wouldnt you want to get MORE MONEY into the system? i mean that is why we are here isnt it? to make the COMPANY MORE MONEY!!!! not more money for individual tm's.
the tm bonus thing is a joke, and it is so ridiculous that it isnt funny. why doesnt anyone who SHOULD worry about this obvious contradiction not do anything about it?
and you are 100% correct about combo drivers pay.
excellent post daycab6

Last edited by a moderator:
So i guess what I am reading is to take everything a way from everyone except the drivers sounds fair to me because we all know the drivers are perfect and report all damages and abuse to the equipment when they mess up.

No not taking everything from everyone, just how about leveling the playing field yes give 1 bonus check to the SCM'S not 3 checks a week. And the safety bonus makes the driver be extra careful about going thru the day, I'm not saying all drivers report damages but most do or are dam careful not to have anything happen.But seeing how Big cheese acts I would say he is a service center manager and all they really care about is looking good to WIL and making sure they get those bonus checks.Give them a flat Base pay like $85 grand a year WIL wants us to cut hours and those hours feed our familys some SCM"s bonus checks equal some drivers base pay we loose and they get fatter cut their base pay an lets see if they like it. I would be happy making full pay and not combo pay working more for the same amount of money as the rest. We are really getting to be like YRC . Sorry about the rants just tired of working dock, running linehaul and doing a route for less than others thats discimination, and greed. We are YRC-RL

Last edited by a moderator:
So i guess what I am reading is to take everything a way from everyone except the drivers sounds fair to me because we all know the drivers are perfect and report all damages and abuse to the equipment when they mess up.

just plain old ridiculous.
who said that?
do not turn this into drivers vs. everyone else. nobody said that.

And to think of all the time I wasted in school......I could have read one post on Trucking Boards and gotten lessons in mathmatics, economics, business administration and transportation! I'm hooked now, I'll fasten my seatbelt, and see what I can learn next!

Great post Buckeye. Keep the freight coming in & the customer happy !! It takes everyone pulling together to get the $$$.

I think Jeff should look at your info and decide if you are management or a driver...........we all have enough stress without the rah rah company crap

I think Jeff should look at your info and decide if you are management or a driver...........we all have enough stress without the rah rah company crap

It does not matter if he is or is not management, all people in the trucking industry are welcome on Truckingboards, you can use your ignore feature if someones posts are bothering you.

All are welcome here. Pay attention,you may learn something. As far as these combo drivers that get on here and complain-YOU are what WE are worried about. If people like you will work for less,how long is it before they expect the same out of us. We went through lay offs and cut backs,but they haven't asked us to take a pay cut. Their solution was to pay the NEW hires less money. You knew the pay when you got hired on,why did you take the job if you didn't like it?

I like the safety bonus, my equipment has high mileage but the shop guy's maintain the equipment well at terminal.
The safety bonus comes in real handy around the Hollidays, who's to say a new truck is not going to break down
as well, there are a lot of electronics and emmissions equipment on the new trucks . I would be happy to keep my
old dependable truck that i can count on getting me home every day !

I feel the same way as NE City P&D, the bonus is great when it comes time for the Holidays. I've been driving the same truck for the last 3 years & it was used when I got it. We have a great shop at our terminal and I take my hat off to all the mechanics, without them we couldn't do our jobs.

yeah i got 100 pride points way back and it takes 700 to get a ball cap..................lol.just give us monopoly money its worth more.