Estes | Cyberattack at Estes?

Probably a couple of teenagers having a little fun with a ddos attack. I thought webb was supposed to be a technological genius. Would have thought that he'd have better cyber security than this.

These shutdowns(cyberattacks) at companies have been taking place for some years now. When it happens at the company you work at it's the end of the world. Everyone becomes a cyber expert. Somebody once said, "when your neighbor gets laid off it's a recession, when you get laid off it's a depression.
This is a set back for Estes for sure and we will have to dig in and dig out. The competition is licking their chops.
When Yellow went down many Estes employees complained about longer hours and more work. Well it looks like many Estes employees got their wish.

These shutdowns(cyberattacks) at companies have been taking place for some years now. When it happens at the company you work at it's the end of the world. Everyone becomes a cyber expert. Somebody once said, "when your neighbor gets laid off it's a recession, when you get laid off it's a depression.
This is a set back for Estes for sure and we will have to dig in and dig out. The competition is licking their chops.
When Yellow went down many Estes employees complained about longer hours and more work. Well it looks like many Estes employees got their wish.
Yes but longer hours and extra days of work compared to no work at ll right now is comparing apples to oranges. And yes it is a depression because with no work there is no paycheck and the people i owe dont give a rats arse about whats going on. They just want their money due to them.

Yes but longer hours and extra days of work compared to no work at ll right now is comparing apples to oranges. And yes it is a depression because with no work there is no paycheck and the people i owe dont give a rats arse about whats going on. They just want their money due to them.
Now all the amateur financial experts are gonna come out and tell us how to manage our business.

This would never happen at SMT(Southwestern Motor Transport). They used an antiquated as/400. One of the first trucking companies to buy one. They also kept paper logs in every terminal of everything. Employees hated it, but gave them something to do.

I mean what a perfect target for hackers looking for a ransom after seeing how Estes outbid everyone on yellows assets at 1.5 billion shows they have some money and even better they are private owned company so no one will ever know how much they for pay ransom if they do.

I mean what a perfect target for hackers looking for a ransom after seeing how Estes outbid everyone on yellows assets at 1.5 billion shows they have some money and even better they are private owned company so no one will ever know how much they for pay ransom if they do.
hackers knew Estes had money way before Yellow situation. Hackers trying to attack every organization they can 24/7.

yep and the ransomware some of them say pay up and if you don't we will release your proprietary information. I started using a Yubikey with some of my financial accounts and you have to have that Yubikeyi in order to make any transaction that involves withdrawing money. Its actually pretty easy when your phone or computer prompts you plug in your Yubikey and enter your 6-8 digit PIN and then the transaction go through. They make you create at least one other key just in case the first key gets lost or damage. More banks in the future I bet will be switching over to using keys to prove who you say you are. My current employer uses smart cards just to even log in to their network no more having to change passwords every so many days.

This would never happen at SMT(Southwestern Motor Transport). They used an antiquated as/400. One of the first trucking companies to buy one. They also kept paper logs in every terminal of everything. Employees hated it, but gave them something to do.
I hate to tell you but we use AS400 as well, OD uses it, I think every trucking company in America still uses it.

They dont trust their drivers but they trust their computer systems. Looks like the drivers are still wanting to work the computers not so much.
Isn’t that lovely. How are you guys seeing your stubs ? I can’t get the Estes4me to come up, is there any other way to check ?