Estes | Damages Embarrassing

cindig

TB Lurker
Credits
Its getting embarrassing to go into a customer with a delivery anymore. Had one today and the first thing he said is I hope there's on damage. The he proceeds to show me a drum we brought in last week, crushed. Well we get to skid #5 and there it is, a drum crushed from the side, someone had to run into this at a good speed to do this damage. One of our salesman quit a couple of weeks ago because he was tired of getting new business just to have the dock guys tear it up.

The worst part of that is when you were able to see the damage on the dock, before they loaded it, and knew right there that no way in h-ll they were gonna take it... yet still had to drag it to them to have them tell you to take the sh-t back. Part time help is great... not ? When I did p@d that was the bad part of it, getting along with the costumers was the hard thing to get away from.

When I was a city driver, I really hated having to take a shipment to the customer just so they could refuse it. A couple times the customer signed it clear even though I pointed out the flaw(s).