SAIA | Dark Terminals and Dispatching

Brother Trucker

TB Regular
Credits
As you know the bloodletting has been done and now some of the smaller terminals (I call them end of the line terminals) are now dark during the day as everybody is either gone home or out on the street. No more office clerks/dispatchers for them.

How has the experience of regional P&D dispatching worked out for you guys? I don't know who is worse off, the driver who has to suffer thru the dispatchers ignorance, or the dispatcher who all of a sudden has to learn territory and customers whom he/she may be hundreds of miles from.

Improved customer service? We'll see. Let's hope the lowered overhead doesn't result in lowered revenue as well.

By the way, this wasn't communicated to the road drivers. We had to find out when our calls to the terminal were routed to an idiot in a cubicle in some call center somewhere instead.

No, they will be dark. Those terminals have Terminal Manager/Sales Reps and they have to be out doing the work of a sales rep. No one should be there unless they are unloading or going home.

No, they will be dark. Those terminals have Terminal Manager/Sales Reps and they have to be out doing the work of a sales rep. No one should be there unless they are unloading or going home.

There are no more TM/SR's. They are now SG/SR's. That's Scape Goat to those not in the know.

well our terminal manager dosnt do sales calls he rolls the phones over and customers are not liking that ideal at all. we lost our sec. and a city driver and things are getting real slow wouldnt suprise me to see another layoff this month. i can say we have a linehaul driver that runs empty more times than loaded out of our terminal.