Yellow | Darren’s letter to court

I like several pages in item 20.
“Phase one of One Yeller was successful.”
I can’t believe he admitted 50,000 shipments for 30,000 employees, 1.6 bills per employee. He should have said,
“you ain’t gonna believe this but we tried to make money with 1.6 bills per employee”
And to have the nerve to put all the blame on the IBT.

I can’t believe he admitted 50,000 shipments for 30,000 employees, 1.6 bills per employee. He should have said,
“you ain’t gonna believe this but we tried to make money with 1.6 bills per employee”
I get your point, but did you really expect anything else? Now, O'Brien has the opportunity as do the various lawyers involved in the WARN lawsuites to state their case. I sincerely hope that they do.

I get your point, but did you really expect anything else? Now, O'Brien has the opportunity as do the various lawyers involved in the WARN lawsuites to state their case. I sincerely hope that they do.
Maybe the IBT should remind the court if it was so successful then how come they spent millions flying people all over the country to work at other terminals that went through “ the successful implementation “

Exactly, they had no business being in business.
Yellow tried and actually did a good job of keeping themselves alive using a business model that proves itself over and over again to fail.
In hindsight, it probably should have ended in 2009 yet somehow management kept performing miracles to keep it alive...

Yellow tried and actually did a good job of keeping themselves alive using a business model that proves itself over and over again to fail.
In hindsight, it probably should have ended in 2009 yet somehow management kept performing miracles to keep it alive...
When holding companies and the upper echelon get their claws into these companies, they have one goal,
to fill their pockets, no more, no less, that's what they did.

Hey Darren , I looked on page 15 , but nothing about all the -15% money the Drivers & Dock and other gave back to help save the company only to be slapped in the face when you gave yourself Bonuses ?? Really think we should have been mentioned on how we tried to help save the company ??:6788:

Puff, it wasn't the management performing the miracles. It was die-hards with a lot of seniority who made the decision to stick it out that performed the miracles.

Offering false hope and unkept promises while begging for numerous concessions can be considered miraculous, I guess.

I find it rather disturbing that the pump and dump people on the one stock website would rather gain on their own greed rather than see the hard working men and women who sacrificed well over $100,000 (if they were there prior to 2008) and will still be penalized in retirement from the reduction in pension contributions be made whole for the earn act and vacation money owed.
These people are the ones who would take advantage of their own mother to make a buck, and then brag they succeeded all on their own. Some people have no moral compass.

I find it rather disturbing that the pump and dump people on the one stock website would rather gain on their own greed rather than see the hard working men and women who sacrificed well over $100,000 (if they were there prior to 2008) and will still be penalized in retirement from the reduction in pension contributions be made whole for the earn act and vacation money owed.
These people are the ones who would take advantage of their own mother to make a buck, and then brag they succeeded all on their own. Some people have no moral compass.
Sadly Dok, you are "spot-on". Too many of the people you describe would murder their mother for 50 cents. I and many, many others are the "hard-working men and women" you allude to. My pension didn't receive contributions from 2009 onwards. We had a measly 401(k) contribution starting 2 1/2 years later. By my best estimate, that is costing my pension over $1,000/month for the rest of my life. I was near my service anniversary when the doors shut, so I am owed for over 10 weeks of vacation. I tried to "in-lieu" my four weeks I had left from 2022/2023 just before the doors closed. They didn't pay it. In total (vacation, sick pay earned but not taken, personal holidays earned but not taken and a pay claim for management performing our contractual work after the shut-down), I am due over $30,000. I would happily settle for what Darrel Harris got ($1,080,000).
We make choices, and I chose to stick around and try to "right the ship". I am proud of that, but that pride does indeed carry a hefty price tag.

Sadly Dok, you are "spot-on". Too many of the people you describe would murder their mother for 50 cents. I and many, many others are the "hard-working men and women" you allude to. My pension didn't receive contributions from 2009 onwards. We had a measly 401(k) contribution starting 2 1/2 years later. By my best estimate, that is costing my pension over $1,000/month for the rest of my life. I was near my service anniversary when the doors shut, so I am owed for over 10 weeks of vacation. I tried to "in-lieu" my four weeks I had left from 2022/2023 just before the doors closed. They didn't pay it. In total (vacation, sick pay earned but not taken, personal holidays earned but not taken and a pay claim for management performing our contractual work after the shut-down), I am due over $30,000. I would happily settle for what Darrel Harris got ($1,080,000).
We make choices, and I chose to stick around and try to "right the ship". I am proud of that, but that pride does indeed carry a hefty price tag.
You still may get your money.
It was 6 or 8 months before PIE settled claims, as far as I know, everyone got theirs.

You still may get your money.
It was 6 or 8 months before PIE settled claims, as far as I know, everyone got theirs.
Breeze, I hope you're right. I am acquainted with Darren Hawkins personally; I've never met Darrel Harris. I've just started to read Hawkins' letter to the Court, but what I have read makes me wonder if he's delusional, or if he actually thinks his word is more credible to the Court than all of ours (it clearly is not). Some of the things that I have discovered since the shutdown that involve Hawkins, Harris, Doheny and their cohorts. is sickening. Did you know that Darren was receiving a stipend of $6,000/month for "commuting expenses" between his home near Memphis and Overland Park?? That is just obscene I think. The "retention" payments that the Board awarded to those 10 executives in the weeks before the shutdown SHOULD be criminal, and I hope that they are.
Make no mistake, the US Department of Justice is a key player in the bankruptcy case, and they're not done with their work by any stretch.

Everyone’s situation was different when this started to unravel. The sacrifices to stay on for time with family or to stay with a good start time or the hope we would make it did come with a hefty price. Unfortunately I really don’t think think upper management
has a clue to how much damage they did to the employees.

Everyone’s situation was different when this started to unravel. The sacrifices to stay on for time with family or to stay with a good start time or the hope we would make it did come with a hefty price. Unfortunately I really don’t think think upper management
has a clue to how much damage they did to the employees.
Question is, did they CARE? You know the answer.

When holding companies and the upper echelon get their claws into these companies, they have one goal,
to fill their pockets, no more, no less, that's what they did.
Yet holding companies at non union carriers are very successful and everyone benefits.
Why do those succeed but not holding companies for union carriers?????