Dayton | Dayton or Walmart Transportation

Tatermasher

TB Lurker
Credits
I have interviews with both. I like the fact with Dayton I would be home more often and have weekends off but I know Walmart makes really good money around $90,000 for 1st year. I will hopefully find out more from Dayton and if the pay is comparable. I know of course this is a Dayton board but any insight on the company would be greatly appreciated.

I have interviews with both. I like the fact with Dayton I would be home more often and have weekends off but I know Walmart makes really good money around $90,000 for 1st year. I will hopefully find out more from Dayton and if the pay is comparable. I know of course this is a Dayton board but any insight on the company would be greatly appreciated.
I do not work for either company. Think with Dayton the atmosphere is a lot more relaxed than WalMart. Plus you will not be sleeping in a truck. If I am correct, the only holiday you will see with WalMart is Christmas. The rest you will work if it's your day. One thing with Dayton or any other ltl is whether you will do linehaul or p&d

I don’t see why you couldn’t make that or better with Dayton on Linehaul. I have close family that worked with WalMart Transportation and it’s very strict and according to the long timers there that have left in droves over the past few years, the BS far outweighs the paycheck.

Well I used to work for Walmart Transportation and they are strict and they don’t allow you to talk on the phone more than 10 minutes a day. If you get into any accident or hit anything they will asked you for your phone records and if you don’t want to provide it, then you will be terminated and they are big on respect, you will be terminated just for saying F*** or any bad words. If they tell you you have to extend your week then you have to do it.