ABF | Deadlock: ABF Wants to Replace Road Drivers

How about a terminal turning freight to another carrier because they are to busy to handle there freight (on a daily basis). How long should this go on before they are required to hire another driver?

Should be addressed immediately, file the grievance already. If you don't it will go on and grow. Mike Scalzo has a history of doing this.

I got hired 5 years ago and have 1 solid year of work until recently. I have understood everything concerning this except for the fact that multiple terminals hired road drivers between last summer and this spring. And now they proposed this COO which in turn would have moved or eliminated the very few jobs created the last 12 months. Drivers sitting around part of the week I can fathom but drivers sitting around the entire week makes no sense to me. Ought to be an interesting winter season.

I got hired 5 years ago and have 1 solid year of work until recently. I have understood everything concerning this except for the fact that multiple terminals hired road drivers between last summer and this spring. And now they proposed this COO which in turn would have moved or eliminated the very few jobs created the last 12 months. Drivers sitting around part of the week I can fathom but drivers sitting around the entire week makes no sense to me. Ought to be an interesting winter season.

With a little bit of luck we'll have another heavy snow season so the snow throwers can fill the void left after everyone gets their generators.