Yellow | Dec 31st shutting the doors rumor?

triumph

TB Lurker
Credits
Had a Fedex freight drive tell me their sales force has informed him that we’ll cease operation at year’s end.
Any truth to this rumor?

You never can tell,years ago if you told me Yellow was buying Roadway I would have walked away laughing.Alls I can say is whatever may be may be,This buy out stunk to high heaven from day 1

Had a Fedex freight drive tell me their sales force has informed him that we’ll cease operation at year’s end.
Any truth to this rumor?
Well I heard WE, are buying out FX, and UPS. New company will be named UP-YR-FED.com.

triumph said:
Any truth to this rumor?

No,no,no. Im a Freight driver also and last time YRC was mentioned by our salesman it was in the context of FXF not engaging in the price war anymore. Now we wont haul anything we dont make 10% on.

Rumors like that are best left go, not repeated etc. IF YRC shuts their doors there will be no advance notice.
Happy Holidays.

I would like to see that Fed-Ex driver throw some of the YRC freight over the fence
like he did in the U-Tube video That would be funny

Fedex Freight and Fedex National merged the two operations last January to form Fedex Freight. 100 terminals were closed and over 1700 employees were going to be laid off. At that time some employees were offered a substancial severance package to retire early and save jobs for the younger employees. I took the deal and retired after 33.5 years of service as a road driver. Last quarter Fedex Freight made 40 million dollars. After all this work and expense do you really think Fred Smith is just going to close the doors on a money making operation? TP FXF retired and loving it.

Any truth to this rumor?
That is correct, we don't work on New Years day,it is one of our holidays. I heard that Fed Ex now will just drop packages on the street as they drive by and blow the horn at the same time. :TR10driving03:

ABF Salesman told me that FedEx was redesigning all of their packaging effective the beginning of next year. It will all be streamlined and rounded on top to provide lift as the driver tosses it towards the house. There will be additional packaging on the bottom and edges of the boxes. Customers will be subject to additional charges if they fail to use this engineered packaging to cover the extra damages.

Happy Holidays

Fedex Freight and Fedex National merged the two operations last January to form Fedex Freight. 100 terminals were closed and over 1700 employees were going to be laid off. At that time some employees were offered a substancial severance package to retire early and save jobs for the younger employees. I took the deal and retired after 33.5 years of service as a road driver. Last quarter Fedex Freight made 40 million dollars. After all this work and expense do you really think Fred Smith is just going to close the doors on a money making operation? TP FXF retired and loving it.

I was referring to the individuals here and the analysts

ABF Salesman told me that FedEx was redesigning all of their packaging effective the beginning of next year. It will all be streamlined and rounded on top to provide lift as the driver tosses it towards the house. There will be additional packaging on the bottom and edges of the boxes. Customers will be subject to additional charges if they fail to use this engineered packaging to cover the extra damages.

Happy Holidays

In addition, FedEx will be offering to pay premium wages to former newspaper delivery boys who can prove they could fling a folded newspaper onto the roof of a house.

It's always a Fedex (enter position here) said YRC is going to (enter scenario here)