XPO | Deliveries that make you go hmmm

wonderring99

TB Veteran
Credits
I had a delivery a couple of weeks ago that made me scratch my head ... a 25 lb bag of ice melt to a starbucks ... with a large hardware store chain right next store .... tell me I am not the only guy that has experienced this ...

I had a delivery a couple of weeks ago that made me scratch my head ... a 25 lb bag of ice melt to a starbucks ... with a large hardware store chain right next store .... tell me I am not the only guy that has experienced this ...

Nope...you're no the only one.

I use to deliver one pallet per week of softener salt pellets to a local US government facility in NW Ohio...the salt was ordered from someplace in WI...the part that makes one scratch their head???? Less than two miles from said facility is a large distributor of softener salt pellets and they delivered locally for free.

This went on for over two years until someone realized their boo-boo.

Gotta love the net and bidding process...probably bought the WI stuff a few cents cheaper/bag than the local stuff...freight charges and common sense NOI...

One the flip side...I once delivered a wrought iron patio furniture set to a house where the couple went to one of the big box hardware chains...dedided what they wanted...ordered on line $100 cheaper than the store...free delivery from some place on the left coast to OH...go figure!?!

Rat

Most companies can only order from certain vendors. i.e. Uline, Staples. That way there is no "shady" spending by the employees. Also, those companies mentioned, pay the feight. I'm sure that everybody has delivered a small package from one of those companies mentioned..

Most companies can only order from certain vendors. i.e. Uline, Staples. That way there is no "shady" spending by the employees. Also, those companies mentioned, pay the feight. I'm sure that everybody has delivered a small package from one of those companies mentioned..

The ice melt was a staples delivery

Nope...you're no the only one.

One the flip side...I once delivered a wrought iron patio furniture set to a house where the couple went to one of the big box hardware chains...dedided what they wanted...ordered on line $100 cheaper than the store...free delivery from some place on the left coast to OH...go figure!?!

Rat

I got one along the same line. A few months ago I wanted a new ipod. went on line and found wal-mart had the best price. I went to the store and was told that was an on line price only. but they could sell me it for 50.00 dollars more or I could order it on line and have it shipped to the same store for free and save 50.00 dollars. What college educated idiot came up with this idea. A week later I walked 30 feet pasted the stores ipod's to the site-to-store section and picked up my ipod and with my extra 50 in pocket.

i use to have an extended pedal and one time i delivered a box of grainger stuff to a post office and they opened it and it was a pack of light bulbs..i was like WTF...i drove 33 miles for this?

i use to have an extended pedal and one time i delivered a box of grainger stuff to a post office and they opened it and it was a pack of light bulbs..i was like WTF...i drove 33 miles for this?

I delivered a box of light bulbs also .. but not on an extended pedal .. wow