TForce | Democrats cry foul over UPS sign goof

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
Democrats cry foul over UPS sign goof
[SIZE=-1]Orlando Sentinel - Orlando,FL,USA
... "There was no nefarious plot going on to delay the shipment of this freight," said Norman Black, a company spokesman. Even though UPS got the correct address ...[/SIZE]

Jeff said:
Democrats cry foul over UPS sign goof
[SIZE=-1]Orlando Sentinel - Orlando,FL,USA
... "There was no nefarious plot going on to delay the shipment of this freight," said Norman Black, a company spokesman. Even though UPS got the correct address ...[/SIZE]

Sounds like something "O" would do, every co. I thought was legally obligated too get a correct and if need be adjusted bill of lading from any shipper if infact the shipping address changes... This is no improper practice. By law we are legally obliged to deliver good's to the correct consighnee. Or it is considered stealing and I do not think UPS is in that business. Someone will get fired for that one. Thank god I am up here!!!!!:bananalama: :bananalama:

Any thing too put thier face in the paper during an election year!!! I am sure UPS will conduct business with this rep....

If you carefully read this article it states that the SHIPPER not UPS put the wrong address on the freight. I've delivered crap to places that have said it wasn't there stuff. As a matter of fact Monday I had a delivery to a large company with shower stalls. The reciever said they do not have showers so they don't need stalls. As I was driving out of the yard, a man was chasing and waving me down, they were his buddies who did not want to pay a residential fee. The point here is we can only go to where a address states. A lack of information by the shipper/consignee is not my problem. In fact, it can generate additional revenue with address corrections, reconsignments, RTS's etc.

Pure Bull Hockey.. As any freight man knows a shipment is a shipment. I can’t count how many times I’ve delivered freight only to asked by the receiver “what is it”? Like I know! Hell I didn’t order it I just deliver it

10-4

hugnlug said:
If you carefully read this article it states that the SHIPPER not UPS put the wrong address on the freight. I've delivered crap to places that have said it wasn't there stuff. As a matter of fact Monday I had a delivery to a large company with shower stalls. The reciever said they do not have showers so they don't need stalls. As I was driving out of the yard, a man was chasing and waving me down, they were his buddies who did not want to pay a residential fee. The point here is we can only go to where a address states. A lack of information by the shipper/consignee is not my problem. In fact, it can generate additional revenue with address corrections, reconsignments, RTS's etc.

I understand what the article reads, to the normal person it is UPS'ES fault because we held on to the shipment . After all there is no law's quoted here , a normal person has no clue.this is nothing more than a publicity stunt.

I've had a few deliveries on my regular route that the boxes only had pro stickers with no address lable.
With shippments like this you never know if the other end put the right stickers on these boxes?
Sometimes I wounder how our freight gets to the right place,when it seems like shipping departments are clueless when it comes to sending their shipments by common carrier?

Apostolic said:
I've had a few deliveries on my regular route that the boxes only had pro stickers with no address lable.
With shippments like this you never know if the other end put the right stickers on these boxes?
Sometimes I wounder how our freight gets to the right place,when it seems like shipping departments are clueless when it comes to sending their shipments by common carrier?

I get the impression some think it is our responsibility to label thier freight....

Maybe some time in the not to distant future UPS will provide all of our customers with their computer generated shipping lables like their parcel division has.

Than the shippers can just peel off the backs and slap all the needed info on their heavy freight,like they do for all of their small packages.

You know as I was just posting this I thought maybe that is the case.

People associate us UPS Freight drivers with the parcel division,and think that we will do what parcel does for them.

In other words everything.
shippers using UPS parcel don't have to have clue one about shipping because UPS takes care of everything.

I know for a fact that we freight drivers have run into customers that think we just drive big tractor trailers for UPS parcel,they just can't get it through their heads we are completly seperate from the parcel division.

We are the heavy freight division of UPS.

Come on people get a clue.

Apostolic said:
Maybe some time in the not to distant future UPS will provide all of our customers with their computer generated shipping lables like their parcel division has.

Than the shippers can just peel off the backs and slap all the needed info on their heavy freight,like they do for all of their small packages.

People associate us UPS Freight drivers with the parcel division,and think that we will do what parcel does for them.

shippers using UPS parcel don't have to have clue one about shipping because UPS takes care of everything.

I know for a fact that we freight drivers have run into customers that think we just drive big tractor trailers for UPS parcel,they just can't get it through their heads we are completly seperate from the parcel division.

Oh it will all come together. Remember Rome wasn't built in a day. Where have I heard that before. :wacko:

Apostolic said:

I have some people ( customers ) that are doing this currently, and I find it amusing that they try too use a EBL, and they are told the it will work with the diads, and they do not yet, aside from pro's that is....Still must punch in manually.

I work in Orlando and not one of us was aware of this until we read it in the paper.
I dont believe it was UPSF but probably UPS.

joefirm said:
I work in Orlando and not one of us was aware of this until we read it in the paper.
I dont believe it was UPSF but probably UPS.

Enjoy the spin, it's usually union oriented. And WELCOME KEEMOSABI....