ABF | Did ABF buy USF?

ABF already owns a truckload company it's USA truck they won't buy another one. i think they own a Logistics company to but not for sure.

ABF is too smart financially to buy them right now. They will wait for YRC to go under, then pick pieces off the carcass.
:clap:

Monday big meeting in Holland MI, release info on the buying of Holland,Reddway and New Penn for 1.5 bill. Lets see what happens on monday! ABF have that capital?

when did they buy usa truck?guess ive been laid-off to long!

I understood that ABF once owned USA, but got rid of them quite a while ago, prior to my arrival in '95, and sold Cardinal, which was also a truckload carrier, along with GI Trucking in about 1996-97. Abf still rents space to USA to drop trailers at terminals although.

ABF is too smart financially to buy them right now. They will wait for YRC to go under, then pick pieces off the carcass.
:clap:

Big Papa, hope you're not drawing a Teamster pension.
If YRC goes, so will your pension.:TR10driving03:Even if you are an ABF associate. Welcome to Walmart. (practice that a coupleof times, you'll get the hang of it.

I thought it was Overland Park

Monday big meeting in Holland MI, release info on the buying of Holland,Reddway and New Penn for 1.5 bill. Lets see what happens on monday! ABF have that capital?

I don't know who go this one started but I would have said that there is a big meeting in Overland Park, KS, (hq of YRC Corp) or in Fort Smith, AR, (hq of ABF). The Holland division of YRC corp can't sell itself. YRC would have to sell it.

I don't know who go this one started but I would have said that there is a big meeting in Overland Park, KS, (hq of YRC Corp) or in Fort Smith, AR, (hq of ABF). The Holland division of YRC corp can't sell itself. YRC would have to sell it.

:biglaugh:How about a divorce??:nutkick:

The meeting Monday morning in Holland MI. is for the Holland people. If there is any other meetings then they will probally be held at either Overland Park or Fort Smith.

ABF already owns a truckload company it's USA truck they won't buy another one. i think they own a Logistics company to but not for sure.

According to weekly business journal they don't own one. I thought myself they owned them (USA Truck). I think they might have had an interest in them through Arkansas Best Holdings. But not anymore. I will find out for sure.

Searcher09 said, "The meeting Monday morning in Holland MI. is for the Holland people. If there is any other meetings then they will probally be held at either Overland Park or Fort Smith."

Looks like we've got some inside information going down. This hasn't been reported anywhere that I know of. Someone must have their ear to the boardroom door. :order::deal:

Hmmmm, YRCW said it was not going to meet a $45 million debt obligation in June, negotiations happen, the banks say its time to liquidate your regionals, ABF sees its time to move in with YRCW's back against the wall, picks up the regionals at a fire sale price. Hmmmmm, it could happen....stay tuned

Searcher09 said, "The meeting Monday morning in Holland MI. is for the Holland people. If there is any other meetings then they will probally be held at either Overland Park or Fort Smith."

Looks like we've got some inside information going down. This hasn't been reported anywhere that I know of. Someone must have their ear to the boardroom door. :order::deal:
None of this is inside information. We were told by our operations people that there would be a meeting Monday morning involing Holland personal. So what is inside about that. If yrc or abf or going to have meetings, then I am sure they will be done at their respected headquaters. How am I having my ear to a boardroom when I am told this information reguarding Holland?

Hmmmm, YRCW said it was not going to meet a $45 million debt obligation in June, negotiations happen, the banks say its time to liquidate your regionals, ABF sees its time to move in with YRCW's back against the wall, picks up the regionals at a fire sale price. Hmmmmm, it could happen....stay tuned

Back against the wall for YRCW to say the least! I think it was either Feb. or March issue of Transport Topics that said YRCW not only had a 45 million debt due in June, but they had 135 million dollar debt due in the 3rd quarter Oct.1. Now they are applying for 1 billion dollar bailout money? With a slim to none chance of getting. I don't want my fellow teamsters to lose a good paying job, but when is enough is enough?

Usa

ABF sold USA many years ago to Breck Speed. Breck was an inlaw. He was married to Marilyn Young, sister to R.A. Young III. She passed away at an early age, (late thirties). She was a wonderful lady.
ABF sold Cardinal which was part of the WorldWay Corporation acquisition. Cardinal was the only subsidary of the acquisition that was profitable.
I don't think that ABF will buy anything that has to be merged into the existing operation. There is always problems with dovetailing seniority. Employees from the acquired companies always have hard feelings toward the company & employees from the surviving company resent losing seniority. I have been through these & it takes years to turn a company from bleeding red to a profitable business.

None of this is inside information. We were told by our operations people that there would be a meeting Monday morning involing Holland personal. So what is inside about that. If yrc or abf or going to have meetings, then I am sure they will be done at their respected headquaters. How am I having my ear to a boardroom when I am told this information reguarding Holland?

Okay, if you hear anything about the COO meeting in Vegas please let us know.

There is a meeting Monday but the rest of the added BS is just that BS. This is all that's really known for sure, the rest is all rumor.

"All of the regional operations managers and company officers have been directed to be at the Holland Corporate Office first thing Monday morning."

Let's just see what happens next week, if anything.

There is a meeting Monday but the rest of the added BS is just that BS. This is all that's really known for sure, the rest is all rumor.

"All of the regional operations managers and company officers have been directed to be at the Holland Corporate Office first thing Monday morning."

Let's just see what happens next week, if anything.

Let us all pray tonite for some GOOD news for a change on monday. God knows we all could use a whole bunch of that kind of news, in light of all the Garbage we have all been thru the last year or so. Think POSITIVE. :shift: