ABF | Dirty Rotten Scoundrels!

AkitaDog

TB Regular
Credits
We had meeting this morning with the T.M. and he informed us that sales people and employees from are competitors are telling customers that our contract talks ain't going to good and a strike could be possible!He been receiving calls from concerned customers about this!He specifically mentioned YRC and how their using their B.S. tactics to win over customers.He wants us to reassure customers that it's business as usual while talks continue which most of us are doing already!I would expect this from salesman or some other non-u company but not from our own Brothers&Sisters!I hope this ain't true!

We had meeting this morning with the T.M. and he informed us that sales people and employees from are competitors are telling customers that our contract talks ain't going to good and a strike could be possible!He been receiving calls from concerned customers about this!He specifically mentioned YRC and how their using their B.S. tactics to win over customers.He wants us to reassure customers that it's business as usual while talks continue which most of us are doing already!I would expect this from salesman or some other non-u company but not from our own Brothers&Sisters!I hope this ain't true!
So you are suggesting this about YRC Teamsters based on what your T.M. has told you.

This happens everytime during contract negotiations. No biggie.

It's good business.

Been through plenty of these negotions same story every time. If you think yrc is the only carrier using these tactics you need to get out more!!

Been through plenty of these negotions same story every time. If you think yrc is the only carrier using these tactics you need to get out more!!
I have no doubt that YRC isn't the only carrier doing it,in fact he also brought up Fedex.I would except that to happen from non-union carriers as done in the past but not from another union company.That was whole point of my post!

I have no doubt that YRC isn't the only carrier doing it,in fact he also brought up Fedex.I would except that to happen from non-union carriers as done in the past but not from another union company.That was whole point of my post!

Why not? They are our competitor.

If I may make a comment here, I work for YRC, TRUST ME when I tell you this isn't being done by YRC "UNION" employees. We Union guys over here want you ABF guys to get the best contract you's can & stay in business along side us. If ABF gets a good contract, than in 2015 when our agreement is up, we have something to bargain with. We all have power in numbers, so we need as many as we can get. I have not seen any postings about ABF @ our terminals, only postings of non-Union companies. I would not put "anything" past our sales people though, hell they sell us out & we work @ the same company as them. GOOD LUCK & stay strong, hope you's get everything you's want in your contract.

Management does this to every company anytime contracts are up. I have never heard any driver engaging in the practice and never had a customer tell me that any driver ever did it. They have told me that salesmen do though.

Management does this to every company anytime contracts are up. I have never heard any driver engaging in the practice and never had a customer tell me that any driver ever did it. They have told me that salesmen do though.
I don't believe it either ABFer but i'm just relaying a message that i thought i should share.