FedEx Freight | Discount Shipping Benefit

SwampRatt

TB Legend
Credits
That time of year... You might want to use this FedEx Freight employee benefit.

FedEx Express

Authorized Users receive a 75% discount off list transportation price for the following domestic services subject to a $5.00 per package minimum. No discounts are provided on duties, taxes, surcharges, special handling, or additional service fees.

 FedEx Priority Overnight

 FedEx Standard Overnight

 FedEx 2Day shipments

 FedEx Express Saver (XS) (3-day delivery service)

 FedEx Overnight Freight and FedEx 2Day Freight shipments

Authorized Users do not receive reduced rates for the following FedEx Express services:

 COD Service

 FedEx Same Day

 FedEx First Overnight

FedEx Ground

Authorized Users receive up to a 50% discount off the list transportation price for FedEx Ground or FedEx Home Delivery services subject to a per package minimum equal to the one-pound, zone 2 list price.

Authorized Users do not receive reduced rates for the following services:

 COD Service

 FedEx Ground Multi-weight Services

Freight Discount Provisions

 The discounts apply only to shipments within and between the U.S. (48 contiguous states only), Canada, and Mexico, subject to service limitations set forth in the FXF 100 Series Rules Tariff.

 The discounts apply only to shipments weighing 2,000 pounds or less.

 The minimum charge floor will be reflective of current provisions as published within the FXF employee discount tariff publication.

 The FXF 100 Series Rules Tariff will apply, subject to any lower limits of liability set forth in this policy.

 Authorized Users receive a 75% discount for U.S. (48 contiguous states) and Canada shipments and a 25% discount for shipments (or any portion thereof) within Mexico, for which discounts are applied to the applicable FXF class rates for the service type provided.

 NMFC Class = Actual

 If the service type is not indicated on the Bill of Lading, employee shipments will move via FedEx Freight Priority service.

 The money-back guarantee does not apply.

Holiday Shipments

The holiday benefit applies for FXF employees only and is provided on a space-available basis. From December 15 to December 31 each year, FXF, FXFC, and FXFM employees are allowed to ship up to two shipments with no charge; however, there is no liability coverage and no claims are allowed when items are shipped for free of charge.

Has anyone used this before?
Is there any limitation in dimension, weight?

That time of year... You might want to use this FedEx Freight employee benefit.
Holiday Shipments

The holiday benefit applies for FXF employees only and is provided on a space-available basis. From December 15 to December 31 each year, FXF, FXFC, and FXFM employees are allowed to ship up to two shipments with no charge; however, there is no liability coverage and no claims are allowed when items are shipped for free of charge.

Has anyone used this before?
Is there any limitation in dimension, weight?
I have used it. i used fedex freight box to move christmas presents. Not sure about size limitations. Have to use a special bill of lading. It is called employee bill of lading. Hope this helps. Also it must ship terminal to terminal. No delivery or pickup

I was thinking more of a skid
How did you set it up?

I have used it. i used fedex freight box to move christmas presents. Not sure about size limitations. Have to use a special bill of lading. It is called employee bill of lading. Hope this helps. Also it must ship terminal to terminal. No delivery or pickup

Umm...have you seen how FedEx Freight handles other peoples property? They’d find a way to break an anvil. I’ve seen the standard of care for paying customers. I can only imagine the love they’d show a free shipment.

The Express benefit though, that’s one of the few things they get right. I’ve used it many times. It’s fun when a regular person behind you hears how much you pay for 2 day service delivered before 10 am.

Last edited:
Umm...have you seen how FedEx Freight handles other peoples property? They’d find a way to break an anvil. I’ve seen the standard of care for paying customers. I can only imagine the love they’d show a free shipment.

The Express benefit though, that’s one of the few things they get right. I’ve used it many times. It’s fun when a regular person behind you hears how much you pay for 2 day service delivered before 10 am.

How do you get that benefit? I was told i have to fill something out and it has to be signed by the SCM

How do you get that benefit? I was told i have to fill something out and it has to be signed by the SCM

Create an account on fedex.com then go to intranet and link that account number with your ID or ask your manager to do it.

Either way you still need an account number on fedex.com. You would need a credit/debit card to create an account online for billing purposes.

I've done it on the intranet myself and no signature needed.

On the intranet search bar, just type employee shipping discount and then look for the link.

Just need your account number and ID, then agree to the disclaimers.

Whenever you are ready to ship something.
Go to fedex.com and log in. Then use your account number to create a shipping label.

Others on here have said you can simply go to a fedex shipping store and present your employee id.

Last edited:
Create an account on fedex.com then go to intranet and link that account number with your ID or ask your manager to do it.

Either way you still need an account number on fedex.com. You would need a credit/debit card to create an account online for billing purposes.

I've done it on the intranet myself and no signature needed.

On the intranet search bar, just type employee shipping discount and then look for the link.

Just need your account number and ID, then agree to the disclaimers.

Whenever you are ready to ship something.
Go to fedex.com and log in. Then use your account number to create a shipping label.

Others on here have said you can simply go to a fedex shipping store and present your employee id.

I went to a shipping store and they needed an account number. The lady there told me to go to a FedEx office center aka Kinko's and they would be able to give me a better discount, but the closest one is 35 miles away. I said forget it lol.

I'll look into creating an account online, thanks.

The one time I used it, I had to send an a/c compressor to rockauto to get my core charge back. I had the option to buy a FedEx shipping label through them but “no thanks, I’ll use my discount!” and brought it to kinko’s instead.
It seemed a little pricey, but it did show a discount applied on the receipt (even had my id#).
Out of curiosity, I went back to the rockauto website and did the return process again but went the extra step to see how much the label actually would have cost. Well, turned out it was a good 25%+ less than I paid. So I haven’t bothered with it since.

Used it about 8 years ago. A buddy of mine was getting divorced and was moving to Florida and he didn’t know how he was going to get his motorcycle down there. So I rode it to work, we built a crate around it and sent it down the road. When my buddy picked it up, the center asked if he had a trailer to load it on, he said he didn’t, but had tools. He tore the crate apart and drove it off the lot. He said there was a lot of people with WTF looks on their face when he fired it up. My SCM at the time filled out the bill as household goods

Used it about 8 years ago. A buddy of mine was getting divorced and was moving to Florida and he didn’t know how he was going to get his motorcycle down there. So I rode it to work, we built a crate around it and sent it down the road. When my buddy picked it up, the center asked if he had a trailer to load it on, he said he didn’t, but had tools. He tore the crate apart and drove it off the lot. He said there was a lot of people with WTF looks on their face when he fired it up. My SCM at the time filled out the bill as household goods
Just curious, how’d you get around the “no fluids” policy?? We’ve had several customers over the years be denied because they failed to drain the fluids (gas & oil) from the vehicles they wanted shipped

Just curious, how’d you get around the “no fluids” policy?? We’ve had several customers over the years be denied because they failed to drain the fluids (gas & oil) from the vehicles they wanted shipped
Since SCM filled the bill out as household goods and we complete concealed what was in the crate, I wasn’t really worried about it. I wouldn’t do this with the SCM I have now.

Call Echo or WWE Logistics or the likes- they will move it cheaper and still use FDX Freight. Anyone can fart and get a 75% discount off FDX current...nothing like trying to profit off the back of your own employees.

Because it’s the start of the holidays, and I’m feeling magnanimous, I’m going to let this one go right over the plate and not swing (although my first instinct was to crush it out of the park).