FedEx Freight | Discount with FedEx express

FedexLube

TB Regular
Credits
Shipping a medium 2 pound box to Germany and regular service is a whopping 155.00. Do we at FedEx freight get a discount? And if so how much would it chop off this overinflated price. Thanks in advance

Take it to fedex office location with your badge and they will calculate your discounts. Not sure what it is if I remember it was decent.

Correct, we get a pretty significant discount with domestic shipping, not sure about international...go to FedEx office with your badge and they'll let you know.

It is around 75% off. It used to be the only option that they would give a discount on going overseas was the most expensive. I was going to send a framed picture to Europe and with the discount it was still going to be $350.

Perhaps
Boat mail no longer exist. I believe they ended that a few years back.

I should clarify that due to the eBay item being in excess of 1500.00, I need it to go to a trackable, and yes reliable carrier. We can all agree that fedex is very, very expensive compared to the post office, but nobody can argue the fact that their (our) service is supremely more effective. In order to avoid a chargeback through PayPal, regardless if legitimate or illegitimate, I need to use fedex as a buffer to avoid such headaches. While it's not 100% fool proof, it is at best the safest way I know how to deliver expensive goods at the moment. So essentially I was wondering if we get at least a 50% discount

I should also note for those that are interested, that I deal in high end military antiques and the dealer I use in Hamburg only charges me 20 Euros to ship each item to me via FedEx and this has been going on for years.

So WTF is the reasoning behind FedEx Express Europe being able to ship to the U.S. for a pittance of what we pay to ship over there????

DHL shrunk quite a bit in 2008-09. In the Chicago market there were 5 terminals with close to 700 drivers. at the time we did all kinds
of small packages mostly domestic(air ground,second day) Now there are aprox 130 drivers and only 1 terminal in the Chicago market.
From what I hear DHL is trying to make a come back in the US market...

I figured a 2 lb. "fedex medium box" of "antiques" shipping from Buffalo NY to Hamburg Germany with my employee discount. Fedex international first (delivery 7/1 by 9AM) was $37.08. .By noon on same day was $25.49, and if you went with Friday 7/3 by 6 PM the rate was $24.64. Without our discount the published prices were $148.31, $101.96, and $98.56 respectively.

I figured a 2 lb. "fedex medium box" of "antiques" shipping from Buffalo NY to Hamburg Germany with my employee discount. Fedex international first (delivery 7/1 by 9AM) was $37.08. .By noon on same day was $25.49, and if you went with Friday 7/3 by 6 PM the rate was $24.64. Without our discount the published prices were $148.31, $101.96, and $98.56 respectively.

Thank you. I will call them tomorrow and check back in with the final result. I had to chuckle because ironically I'm from BUF too