XPO | Do you do this at your service center?

icuicp

TB Veteran
Credits
:smillie_flag:Do you have to do trailer closing photos of the trailer and the manifest? How about 100% reweigh and putting Con-Firm stickers and/or stamps on all of the coso's(BOLs). This is all time consuming , but does the benefit outweigh the hassel? Do you stack , band , and weigh dunnage to send to FACs? Do you go out and start up our '09 & '08 tractors(the ones we are saving) to keep up batteries etc...?

:smillie_flag:Do you have to do trailer closing photos of the trailer and the manifest? How about 100% reweigh and putting Con-Firm stickers and/or stamps on all of the coso's(BOLs). This is all time consuming , but does the benefit outweigh the hassel? Do you stack , band , and weigh dunnage to send to FACs? Do you go out and start up our '09 & '08 tractors(the ones we are saving) to keep up batteries etc...?

yes
we try
yes
yes
yes

We do all the above except starting the 08 and 09 tractors. Ours where takin away. Now we have about 3 tractors broke down every week because there so beat up.

Man I want to come work at your barn!
Sounds like a very hands-on Manager with some common sense applications to his terminal. Photos of trailers and manifest covers your butt on interpretations down the road as to how the loads look on arrival compared to departure. The dunnage... that's the right way to do it. Most terminals sending dunnage into the reships mistake the trailer for a dumpster, and in recording the weight of the dunnage, the total weight of the trailer is closer to accurate. And while stickering / stamping all outbound coso's for reweigh may seem time consuming, the big picture is that by being 100% at the origin terminal time is saved down the road as each shipment of yours gets processed throughout the company. Starting your fenced tractors... only time will tell if it benefits said units mechanically, but it can't hurt starting them often.

:hide:
No
No
No
No
No, our New tractors are plowed in by 18 inches of snow. :smilie_132:

It was brought to my attention when we parked the units that to keep them up we should start them and idle them about 10 minutes a week...turbos were a concern, among other things...And you can send garbage to the FAC and they can spend the time stacking it in a time sensitive operation, or you can do it right the first time at origin where there may be a bit more flexibility..And the only reason I wouldn't allow my tractors plowed in 18" of snow is because we never get the 18" of snow to begin with..

It was brought to my attention when we parked the units that to keep them up we should start them and idle them about 10 minutes a week...turbos were a concern, among other things...And you can send garbage to the FAC and they can spend the time stacking it in a time sensitive operation, or you can do it right the first time at origin where there may be a bit more flexibility..And the only reason I wouldn't .allow my tractors plowed in 18" of snow is because we never get the 18" of snow to begin with..

I'll bet that pesky auto-shutoff makes a 10 min idle a challenge

oh this is good

ok#1 pics of trailers are of back not whole load is this for cube purpose? dont know,if so why wouldnt you take pics as the loading progresses?to much time i suppose.ive seen guys build walls with plywood and say its 100% when in fact its about 50%,shame on you guys!! #2 reweigh i know we do alot of it and when breaking trailers at the f.a.c. that im noticing alot of reweighs already done at point of origan,(good job).i would think that would be the best place to do it.give your terminal more income instead of f.a.c.#3 we used to stack and band dunnage but not weigh it and now days ill get a dunnage trailer that isnt even t-conned because the orignal terminel doesnt want to get charged to haul it so now its an empty until you get to your destination and you tell them ive got dunnage or racks.sure would be nice to know the weight on some of those trailers cause plywood can get a bit heavy.#4 as far as the new tractor? only one and havent seen it move or get started:duh:

ok#1 pics of trailers are of back not whole load is this for cube purpose? dont know,if so why wouldnt you take pics as the loading progresses?to much time i suppose.ive seen guys build walls with plywood and say its 100% when in fact its about 50%,shame on you guys!! #2 reweigh i know we do alot of it and when breaking trailers at the f.a.c. that im noticing alot of reweighs already done at point of origan,(good job).i would think that would be the best place to do it.give your terminal more income instead of f.a.c.#3 we used to stack and band dunnage but not weigh it and now days ill get a dunnage trailer that isnt even t-conned because the orignal terminel doesnt want to get charged to haul it so now its an empty until you get to your destination and you tell them ive got dunnage or racks.sure would be nice to know the weight on some of those trailers cause plywood can get a bit heavy.#4 as far as the new tractor? only one and havent seen it move or get started:duh:
At my service center we have to pull a DSR to take the pictures and it is required that the pics be taken at or near closing. Our regional manager looks them over , among other people. The driver loads the pics into the system but is not allowed to have a password to get into the system - they only trust drivers with keys to new tractors , payroll bags , interoffice mail , alarm system codes , and the keys to the building. :smilie_132:

:smillie_flag:Do you have to do trailer closing photos of the trailer and the manifest?

We did this for fun at my old barn...stood two 4x8s on end and the used load bars to hold the 4x8's...couldn't see the load!!!!

Funny as hell!!!!

Rat :biglaugh:

We did this for fun at my old barn...stood two 4x8s on end and the used load bars to hold the 4x8's...couldn't see the load!!!!

Funny as hell!!!!

Rat :biglaugh:

Lol!! We used to do that at a reship I used to run to. When we were done loading a longbox, we would put up 2 full sheets and a load bar....take a picture....take down the plywood and loadbar...move to the next longbox and repeat!! Nothing ever came of it!!

As for taking pics, complete reweighs and such....we don't do that at our barn...but have seen it done other places in the region.

Lol!! We used to do that at a reship I used to run to. When we were done loading a longbox, we would put up 2 full sheets and a load bar....take a picture....take down the plywood and loadbar...move to the next longbox and repeat!! Nothing ever came of it!!

As for taking pics, complete reweighs and such....we don't do that at our barn...but have seen it done other places in the region.

I like your extra effort disassembling the freight/dunnage wall.

Thank you