XPO | Do you think we will get a raise this year? Should we?

icuicp

TB Veteran
Credits
It's always nice to get a raise, but do you think we will? With some of our competition still struggling there's not a lot of pressure to increase wages. And who knows how much has been lost due to NO matching of the 401k contributions. Do drivers deserve a pay hike or not?

You answered the question, "do we deserve a raise?" . "It's long overdue". The question explains itself , you answered it , so you know what it meant.

Jblood asked what the question meant but he answered it. He understood the question. Do you think we'll get a raise? Should we?

They're fixing to start making another killing on the Fuel Surcharge, so yeah, I think we'll get a raise this year..

why should they break a streek. going on 4 years. lets be honest here at least we have a job. sure some things are going up in price but we should just manage our money a little better. they did listen to us when we said we thought nascar was a waste of money??and they did a way with it. look on the bright side if we dont get a raise that will free up more money for our new uniforms.

hell i bet they only play nine holes instead of eighteen. i think everyone is feeling the pinch.

sure some may think we are getting screwed but look around the country. like the teachers they may loose their pensions and increase the cost of their health care. they

should be greatful that the people at the top are looking out for the best interest of everyone, they are struggling also.

They're fixing to start making another killing on the Fuel Surcharge, so yeah, I think we'll get a raise this year..
Good point Beerfd on the Fuel Surcharge. If you recall , in the videos and company earnings reports , Con-Way openly blamed some of its money problems on the fall in fuel prices. (less fuel surcharge can be tacked on when prices are lower) I think that even if we have a deal with a company to haul at a certain price , the fuel surcharge is billed , no matter what the contract says.

I think you might see a token "Top Scale" increase coupled with a change in the step pay structure for new hires. Lower starting pay at initial few steps, perhaps even a longer (4 or even 5 year step program) with those hired under the "new" program having a new (much lower top scale) than current employees. Followed by increasing pressure on management to eliminate longer serving employees so they can be replaced by younger less costly employees.

Followed by increasing pressure on management to eliminate longer serving employees so they can be replaced by younger less costly employees.

That has been going on.

The longer serving employees should be like the new-hires. Do what your told and follow the rules, and you cant get fired. A SCM doesn't want to come to work and deal with drivers chanllenging them on a daily basis. So, if you get fired, you probably brought it on yourself. It doesn't have anything to do with money.

In Con-Way last report they said that health care costs are cutting into the budget big time, and that is keeping profits from increasing.