XPO | dock supervisor

kanglou

TB Lurker
Credits
I am a city driver and everytime i'm on the dock this supervisor is always giving me dumb things to do. what can I do?

I am a city driver and everytime i'm on the dock this supervisor is always giving me dumb things to do. what can I do?

What dumb things are you talking about? Can you give examples?
This all might be part of your job duties.

Do what he tells you to do and cash your check on Thursday. 20+ bucks an hour to to menial tasks always sets well with me. Welcome to the boards Kanglou.

I suggest that you follow his directions. I learned the hard way, some time ago, that it is just best to do as they say, and cash the check on payday. He won't be there for any length of time, they never are.....

To change up the day in and day out breaking and loading, I enjoy the "dumb things to do".

Keep your mouth shut, don't make waves and do what your told. Some of our drivers have talked to FOS's that is the not the right thing to do and get into trouble. Act like a TM, act stupid and do what your told. Thats the way they like it.

they may seem dumb but apparently they must be something that need to be accomplished... you're getting paid to do it.

Ya still haven't told us just what dumb things you're doing.

Don't feel bad, I got called in years ago by the FOS on my day off to clean the bathroom and break room. The toliet runneth over.

I mean I know I am lucky to have a job, but we have a group that comes in at the same time and he will let them go home and have me do fac work. It sounds petty, but it kind of bothers me.

I mean I know I am lucky to have a job, but we have a group that comes in at the same time and he will let them go home and have me do fac work. It sounds petty, but it kind of bothers me.

Seniority maybe..??? you really need to provide some details so everyone can assist you with your original question...

Are the dumb things you alluded to that he makes you work the FAC..??

Are the other driver's at a higher pay-rate than you? If so, who would you put on the dock if you were him? If you all are still on straight time, he can keep you and send them home. If you all are on overtime the senior guys can opt to stay and bump you to the house.

Seniority maybe..??? you really need to provide some details so everyone can assist you with your original question...

Are the dumb things you alluded to that he makes you work the FAC..??

I have to agree with Boxboss and say you need to state what the dumb things are in order to get some detailed answers and/or sound advice.
Don't be ashamed to let it out.

How new are you to the company?

Don't ***** ! Our terminal has laid off over 15 of the hardest working people I know, some of the best people I have worked with, yet the senior gold bricking prima donnas are still with us.

Be thankful you have a job, do the "dumb" stuff and be respectful to yourself and to your boss. You will only bash up against a wall if you don't. keep this thought in your head.."This too shall pass "

The OP (kanglou) has yet to define what he feels is "DUMB" things to do.
I don't like to speculate what the DUMB things might be until he produces his list.
There's a big difference from what a senior driver and newbie driver see as dumb.

I thought he was going to be a one hit wonder poster, now he is a 2 hit wonder poster.
Kanglou, post some examples of what you speak of... be detailed.

:duh: this guy should be thankful he's working, I don't care what it is as long as youre on the clock you should be thankful. It's thurs. morn. and I've worked 4.75hrs this week.

:duh: this guy should be thankful he's working, I don't care what it is as long as youre on the clock you should be thankful. It's thurs. morn. and I've worked 4.75hrs this week.

I'm sure he is thankful, especially in these economic times, but he needs to address his original post and post the "DUMB" things he's been told to do on the dock.
This is getting a bit off topic with speculation of what we think kanglou is talking about.
I'm curious just as well as everyone else on here.

I guess we are providing intermission with our replies?:popcorn: