XPO | Does anybody have a Dollar General in a pedal route?

Spot-Dog

TB Lurker
Credits
We started taking new racks to the Dollar General stores, most of them don't have docks so it turns into hand freight off the back of the truck. is anyone else experiencing this??

Are you training to go to work for Werner now? Feel lucky you only have a little bit and not a 1/3 of a load like them guys. I do know our Ground guys do alot for DG, not much for freight.

Hey, it is something to deliver though.

Don't worry it won't last long. They are doing a store reset. Just some to each store. Good news is they only have 8000 locations. :clap::clap:

D g = big bucks

:hide:seen a memo the other day and it stated the dg acct was a trial run for us and if we as a company do a grt job with thier frt we will be rewarded with most if not the acct for the rest of thier frt.. by the it also stated that the dsr was to bring all the frt into the store eithier thru the front door then to thier store room or thru thier back door to the store room.and also conway gets paid $149.00 per delivery on all shipments just for the inside deliveries...so look out i forsee more DOLLAR GENERAL on the way YEHA!!!:smilie_132::clap::clap:

:hide:seen a memo the other day and it stated the dg acct was a trial run for us and if we as a company do a grt job with thier frt we will be rewarded with most if not the acct for the rest of thier frt.. by the it also stated that the dsr was to bring all the frt into the store eithier thru the front door then to thier store room or thru thier back door to the store room.and also conway gets paid $149.00 per delivery on all shipments just for the inside deliveries...so look out i forsee more DOLLAR GENERAL on the way YEHA!!!:smilie_132::clap::clap:

Inside delivery means in the door and that's it. Sometimes called under first cover. Maybe we can stock the shelves while we're there.

YOUR drivers spoiled those "cute" little girls while I was away on that L/H tour of duty!

we need the family dollar stores also. we need to put our men and women back to work. if it means more hand freight, so be it. we are not taking care of our people like we use to.

I started DG thread but I didn't want to be too negative since we looking for more business from this acct. In the competitive(economic) environment we're in am I being paranoid when I try not to give away too many details about business we HAVEN'T secured yet?

inside delivery is through the entry door and into to any room that is adjacent once you find yourself inside the door you entered through- read the 199 its in there and the verbiage has been the same for years yet we still have a hard time wrapping our hands around it.

seen a memo the other day and it stated the dg acct was a trial run for us and if we as a company do a grt job with thier frt we will be rewarded with most if not the acct for the rest of thier frt.. by the it also stated that the dsr was to bring all the frt into the store eithier thru the front door then to thier store room or thru thier back door to the store room.and also conway gets paid $149.00 per delivery on all shipments just for the inside deliveries...so look out i forsee more DOLLAR GENERAL on the way YEHA!!!:smilie_132::clap::clap:

I gotta question the wisdom on this...

Retail freight as far as I can tell doesn't pay all that well. I have hauled some as most of you have done...but not alot of it. If you look at some of the carriers that are hauling a bunch of retail freight they are the ones who don't even come close to what CW pays their drivers let alone the charges and accessorials.

The retail freight I have hauled is service critical. Thats when the distributor (IE. DG et. al.) come to Con-way. Special orders and sales merchandise can indeed become time critical...but I cannot see the everday stuff coming our way. Regular store stock is usually ordered well enough in advance as not to be an issue.

There are retail suppliers/vendors that use us for our service levels but these are usually specific entities not a distribution center such as DG.

Just my opiniion...may be wrong!!

Rat :popcorn:

you do what you want but for me ill do what the PAYING CUSTOMER WANT'S! it's called DOING YOU'RE JOB! and i belive its one of conway's core values INTERGRITY!!

Inside delivery means in the door and that's it. Sometimes called under first cover. Maybe we can stock the shelves while we're there.

that'd be far out!!
While your in there pick me up a package of womens underpants, size XXL :holysheep:, see thru with the lil' pics of Obama on them please. A present for somebody special :butt kiss:

Wow,

Not quite what I meant but.........

...OK. I'm a team player.

I'll take one for the gipper...

..or whoever